Re: Proposed SWIG task forces on HTML Data, Web Schemas

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:11:14 +0200
To: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Cc: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>, Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, RV Guha <guha@google.com>, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
On 23 September 2011 23:12, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org> wrote:
> Larry,
>
> the TAG asked that a Task Force investigate three possible outcomes, one of them the possibility for co-existence.
>
> We have consulted with a number of parties in the community, and believe — as I pointed out in my initial note to Noah — that restricting the scope to the discussion outlined as outcome 3 (coexistence of the two specifications, and a technical analysis of what that coexistence could look like), is the path forward that has the broadest support, and holds most promise of leading to useful results.

Thomas,

What is the status of the HTML Data Task Force from your perspective?
(http://www.w3.org/wiki/Html-data-tf)

I am preparing a set of mails to go out, in particular around the
vocabs/schema TF, http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/interest/webschema.html
and would like to say something positive, and accurate, about the
launch of the HTML data TF too.

Dan