Re: Logging out from Facebook

Björn,

On Sep 26, 2011, at 9:44 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> * John Kemp wrote:
>> It is no wonder that people are shocked when they find out they are
>> still being tracked by a site after they have clicked 'logout'! And it
>> is perfectly possible for a site to effectively log the user out from
>> that site with technology that exists today.
>
> Well, I am not sure it is quite that simple.

[…]

My only point is that in this case (where user explicitly says 'logout') I believe that user expectations are being violated. I also asked for what the valid reasons are for doing this. But ultimately, it is this violation of user expectation that is the important part for me.

I agree with you that identification (and the various degrees of that) are much more complex than can be expressed by  'logged-in vs. logged-out.'

- John