Re: Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 1 Sept 2011

Thank you Norm. I'd be grateful if you could say a little bit about the
planned followup to the discussion that started with my note at [1]
proposing changes to the intro do the report.

I >think< the net of that can be summarized roughly as:

* I suggest (oversimplifying a bit here) that we should make clear that
attempting to do actually change one or the other language, e.g. with
something like XML5 was within the scope, and even the aspiration of the
original effort. We couldn't find a way that we thought would meet with
public acceptance.

* Anne and others said: not so fast. The task force never looked at it
sufficiently carefully to conclude that one way or the other.

* I responded: fine, but then we perhaps should, with the goal of either
pointing a direction for improving the specifications, or else deciding
that my initial supposition was right after all. In that case, I'd likely
argue again for my changes to the intro.

I'm not necessarily saying all this need happen before it's worth
publishing a draft, but if the above summary is correct, we might at least
say something about it before publishing this version? We can discuss in a
few minutes. Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-xml/2011Aug/0005.html