W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > October 2011

Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 6 October 2011

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 19:39:37 -0400
Message-ID: <4E8B9939.2010400@arcanedomain.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, Frederick Hirsch <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
CC: Amy van der Hiel <amy@w3.org>
The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 6 October 2011 is now available at 
[1,2] and in text-only form below. Thank you!

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/10/06-agenda
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly

===========================================================

    [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: [3]29 September 2011 This: [4]6 October
    2011 Next: [5]13 October 2011

       [1] http://www.w3.org/
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/29-agenda
       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/10/06-agenda
       [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/10/13-agenda

               Agenda of 6 October 2011 TAG Teleconference

    Nearby: [6]Teleconference details - [7]issues list - [8]open actions
    - [9]pending review actions - [10]www-tag archive - [11]tag archive
     1. Convene
           + Chair: Noah Mendelsohn, Scribe: Yves Lafon (unconfirmed)
           + Roll call -- Regrets: Henry Thompson
           + Agenda Review - [12]this agenda
           + Next Meeting: 13 October 2011, Chair: Noah Mendelsohn
           + Future scribes: Henry Thompson - > Peter Linss - > Larry
             Masinter
     2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
           + [13]13-15 September 2011 (F2F - Edinburgh)
           + [14]29 September 2011
     3. Administrative items
           + TPAC (see below)
           + Norm Walsh is preparing a revised draft on HTML/XML
             unification
     4. TPAC Planning
           + Any changes to who is planning to come (Tim, Peter, Larry,
             Henry, Dan, Noah)?
           + Ian Jacobs suggests that the TAG propose a TPAC breakout on
             how the TAG can be most useful to the community
             ([15]e-mail).
                o [16]Discussion 29 September 2011
                o [17]ACTION-612: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Respond to Ian
                  suggesting a BOF but not a breakout on TAG focus, and
                  ask again about dinner. - Due: 2011-10-06 - PENDING
                  REVIEW
                o Noah's 4 October [18]e-mail to Ian
           + SPDY:
                o [19]Discussion on 29 September 2011
                o [20]ACTION-615: on - Yves Lafon - Check on possible
                  meeting with SPDY folks on 31 Oct at TPAC - Due:
                  2011-10-06 - OPEN: Any news on this?
           + Dan Appelquist suggests
                o We discuss copyright and deep-linking at TPAC. We
                  discussed last week and assigned: [21]ACTION-613: on -
                  Daniel Appelquist - Organize deep linking breakout at
                  TPAC - Due: 2011-10-06 - OPEN. Any progress?
                o We invite Rigo to join us on Friday at TPAC -- any
                  news on this?
     5. [22]Web Application Architecture: Javascript vs. REST APIs for
        client-side resources
           + Goals:
                o Consider [23]request from Frederick Hirsch for
                  assistance from the TAG regarding use of HTTP/REST vs.
                  Javascript/WebIDL APIs for client-side access to local
                  resources (e.g. cameras), services, etc. (required
                  reading)
                o Open new actions, etc. to track work on this as
                  necessary (close [24]ACTION-593)
           + Background:
                o [25]ACTION-593: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
                  discussion of JavaScript vs. REST Client APIs
                  [self-assigned] - Due: 2011-10-01 - PENDING REVIEW
                o Earlier Background:
                     # [26]ACTION-514: on - Daniel Appelquist - Draft
                       finding on API minimization - Due: 2011-04-12 -
                       OPEN
                     # [27]Discussion of API minimization at the 8
                       February 2011 TAG F2F
                     # From previous F2F: [28]Dan Appelquist writeup on
                       API Design - ([29]announcement email)
                     # [30]ACTION-461: on - Daniel Appelquist - Draft
                       "finding" on Web Apps API design - Due:
                       2010-12-31 - CLOSED
     6. [31]ISSUE-60 (webApplicationState-60): Web Applications:
        Fragment ID Semantics and MIME Types
           + Goals:
                o Jonathan requests discussion of next steps on:
                  [32]ACTION-509: on - Jonathan Rees - Communicate with
                  RDFa WG regarding documenting the fragid / media type
                  issue - Due: 2011-09-15 - PENDING REVIEW
           + Background:
                o [33]ACTION-509: on - Jonathan Rees - Communicate with
                  RDFa WG regarding documenting the fragid / media type
                  issue - Due: 2011-09-15 - PENDING REVIEW
                o [34]E-mail from Jonathan summarizing state of play
                  with respect to [35]ACTION-509 (required reading)
                o Product page: [36]Fragment Identifiers and Mime Types
                  Commitments:
                     # Draft Finding for review by relevant editors by
                       end of 31 July 2011
                     # 31 December 2011: TAG Finding
                o [37]ACTION-543: on - Peter Linss - Propose addition to
                  MIME/Web draft to discuss sem-web use of fragids not
                  grounded in media type - Due: 2011-10-11 - OPEN
                o [38]ACTION-567: on - Jeni Tennison - Draft a document
                  describing problems around fragids and ways things
                  should be changed - Due: 2011-06-28 - CLOSED
                o See also: background material for [39]6-8 June 2011
                  F2F discussion of Fragment Identifiers
                o Note possible relationship to draft TAG Finding on
                  Client-Side State
                o [40]ACTION-508: on - Larry Masinter - Draft proposed
                  bug report against HTML5 media type registration
                  regarding interpretation of fragid in HTML-based AJAX
                  apps - Due: 2011-07-19 - CLOSED
     7. [41]ACTION-545: Privacy
           + Goals:
                o Decide how the TAG will engage in privacy-related work
                  for the remainder of 2011 (Note: this is a
                  continuation of the discussion started on 15 Sept 2011
                  at the Edinburgh F2F ([42]minutes)
                o Dan Appelquist requests brief telcon discussion of
                  [43]ACTION-566
           + Background:
                o [44]ACTION-608: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule telcon
                  discussion of TAG goals on privacy - Due: 2011-10-04 -
                  PENDING REVIEW
                o On [45]11 August 2011 we agreed to have "at most" 1/2
                  hour on this at the F2F, and much skepticism was
                  expressed  in fact, we did have a combined session on
                  security and privacy, but not much was done on the
                  latter.
                o [46]ACTION-583: on - Ashok Malhotra - (with help from
                  Dan) organize TAG review of proposed W3C charter on
                  tracking protection (privacy) Due 2011-07-26 - Due:
                  2011-08-30 - OPEN
                o [47]E-mail from Ashok Malhotra (22 July 2011)
                o [48]ACTION-566: on - Daniel Appelquist - Contact
                  Alissa Cooper, organize a future joint discussion on
                  privacy with IAB. - Due: 2011-07-19 - PENDING REVIEW
                o Earlier background:
                     # [49]Report of the W3C Workshop on Web Tracking
                       and User Privacy (required reading)
                     # IETF/W3C Privacy workshop was held at MIT 8-98
                       December 2011. "Action Items" for W3C were
                       proposed. See: [50]Action items (PDF - may need
                       rotating) collected at IETF/W3C Privacy Workshop
                       wrapup
                     # [51]ACTION-264: on - Ashok Malhotra - Draft
                       agenda item for upcoming telcon discussion of
                       geolocation and privacy - Due: 2009-08-04 -
                       CLOSED
                     # [52]ACTION-290: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Write to
                       Geolocation WG saying "we have concern that the
                       spec does not say enough user privacy" - Due:
                       2009-07-30 - CLOSED
                     # [53]ACTION-408: on - Daniel Appelquist - Look
                       into next steps on a workshop around device APIs,
                       privacy etc. with tlr - Due: 2010-03-31 - CLOSED
                     # [54]ACTION-460: on - Daniel Appelquist -
                       Coordinate with IAB regarding next steps on
                       privacy policy - Due: 2011-07-21 - CLOSED
                     # [55]ACTION-550: on - Daniel Appelquist - With
                       help from Noah to plan TAG work on privacy,
                       leading to session at F2F, next step is contact
                       with TLR - Due: 2011-05-12 - CLOSED
                     # [56]ACTION-507: on - Daniel Appelquist - With
                       Noah to suggest next steps for TAG on privacy -
                       Due: 2011-05-03 - CLOSED
                     # [57]ACTION-545: on - Ashok Malhotra - Report to
                       TAG, after privacy workshop, regarding
                       architecture issue on privacy and especially
                       degree to which use cases beyond those addressed
                       by "Do Not Track" need attention - Due:
                       2011-05-03 - CLOSED
                     # [58]ACTION-506: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Noah to
                       bring proposed W3C Actions on Privacy before the
                       TAG - TLR to report back to IETF - Due:
                       2011-01-11 - CLOSED
                     # Papers from earlier IETF/W3C workshop on privacy
                       were at
                       [59]http://www.iab.org/about/workshops/privacy/Pr
                       ivacy_Workshop_Papers.zip but that link appears
                       not to work any more ([60]ACTION-490: on - Noah
                       Mendelsohn - Noah and others(?) going to privacy
                       workshop to report back to the TAG? - Due:
                       2010-12-21 - CLOSED) ([61]ACTION-506: on - Noah
                       Mendelsohn - Noah to bring proposed W3C Actions
                       on Privacy before the TAG - TLR to report back to
                       IETF - Due: 2011-01-11 - CLOSED)
     8. Overdue Action Items:
           + [62]Overdue actions in [63]Tracker
     9. Pending Review Items:
           + [64]Pending review actions in [65]Tracker
    10. Any other business
      _________________________________________________________

       [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
       [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
       [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
       [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
      [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/10/06-agenda
      [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/13-agenda
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/29-minutes
      [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Sep/0023.html
      [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/29-minutes#item01
      [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/612
      [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Oct/0003.html
      [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/29-minutes#item03
      [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/615
      [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/613
      [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/products/7
      [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Sep/0002.html
      [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/593
      [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/593
      [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/514
      [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/02/08-minutes#item01
      [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/WebappsAPIDesignNotes.html
      [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0104.html
      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/461
      [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/60
      [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/509
      [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/509
      [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Sep/0014.html
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/509
      [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/fragids.html
      [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/543
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/567
      [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/06-agenda#mimefrag
      [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/508
      [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/545
      [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/15-minutes#item03
      [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/566
      [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/608
      [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/08/11-minutes#item04
      [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/583
      [47] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Aug/0012.html
      [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/566
      [49] http://www.w3.org/2011/track-privacy/report
      [50] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Dec/att-0061/ActionItems_Workshop.pdf
      [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/264
      [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/290
      [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/408
      [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/460
      [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/550
      [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/507
      [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/545
      [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/506
      [59] 
http://www.iab.org/about/workshops/privacy/Privacy_Workshop_Papers.zip
      [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/490
      [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/506
      [62] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort=owner
      [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [64] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [65] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


     Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
     $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2011/10/04 23:37:40 $

    [66]Valid XHTML 1.1

      [66] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Tuesday, 4 October 2011 23:40:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:40 GMT