W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > November 2011

Draft Minutes of November 17 Telcon

From: ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 09:13:21 -0800
Message-ID: <4ECD29B1.2000907@oracle.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Draft Minutes of November 17 Telcon are available at www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/11/17-minutes.html
and in text form below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

   [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                               TAG_Weekly

17 Nov 2011

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2011/11/17-tagmem-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Noah_Mendelsohn, Ashok_Malhotra, Jeni_Tennison,
           Dan_Appelquist, Yves_Lafon, Henry_Thompson

    Regrets
           Jonathan_Rees, Larry_Masinter, TimBL, Peter_Linss

    Chair
           Noah

    Scribe
           Ashok

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Convene/Admin
          2. [5]ISSUE-60 (webApplicationState-60): Web Applications:
             Client-side state
          3. [6]SPDY
          4. [7]Overdue Action Items
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <scribe>  scribe: Ashok

    <scribe>  scribenick: Ashok

Convene/Admin

    <noah>  Minutes of 27 October:
    [9]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/10/27-minutes

       [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/10/27-minutes

    RESOLUTION: Minutes of 27 October are approved

    <noah>  Minutes of TPAC 31 - 4 November:
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/10/31-agenda

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/10/31-agenda

    RESOLUTION: Minutes of 4 November are approved

    <noah>  Minutes of 10 November:
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/11/10-minutes

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/11/10-minutes

    RESOLUTION: Minutes of 10 November are approved

    No call next week -- U.S. Thanksgiving!

    Next call December 1

    <noah>  DanA probably can't scribe on 1 Dec. Possible regrets.

    ACTION-630

    <trackbot>  ACTION-630 -- Ashok Malhotra to draft note to Web apps on
    Appcache/local store relationship, post to tag@w3.org for TAG
    approval Due: 2011-11-11 -- due 2011-11-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>  [12]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/630

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/630

    <noah>  close ACTION-630

    <trackbot>  ACTION-630 Draft note to Web apps on Appcache/local store
    relationship, post to tag@w3.org for TAG approval Due: 2011-11-11
    closed

    <JeniT>  +1

    Ashok: +1

    Noah: TAG Election: encourage AC representatives to put forward
    nominations

    Henry: Can I have 5 minutes to report on Domain Persistence
    Workshop?
    ... looking good but Semantic Web community is under-represented

    <noah>  ...and open data

    Henry: we need people from that community

    <DKA>  +1 to Hadley

    Discussion of possible Workshop attendees

ISSUE-60 (webApplicationState-60): Web Applications: Client-side state

    Noah: Last draft was 9/30 comments allowed until 11/15
    ... we had 2 comments
    ... we discussed the two comments
    ... Incorporate the comments and ask commentors if they agree

    Ashok: I will create a new draft by Dec 1

    <noah>  ACTION-597?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-597 -- Ashok Malhotra to publish a final draft for
    public review of the finding on Application State -- due 2011-09-30
    -- OPEN

    <trackbot>  [13]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/597

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/597

    Noah: Send the draft to the two commentors for their approval

    <noah>  ACTION-597 Due 2011-12-01

    <trackbot>  ACTION-597 Publish a final draft for public review of the
    finding on Application State due date now 2011-12-01

    Noah: Yves, please check product page for client-side state

SPDY

    <noah>  ACTION-626?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-626 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule discussion of
    how, if at all, TAG should continue to be involved with SPDY -- due
    2011-11-15 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>  [14]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/626

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/626

    Noah: How should TAG be involved?

    Yves: Concerns are being raised about HTTP 1.1 as it is being used
    tofay in Web Apps, etc.
    ... SPDY is one possible solution

    Noah: Should we endorse SPDY as an answer?

    <noah>  Really, mainly Web apps? I thought it was also things like
    NYT home page which have tons of resources.

    Yves: Characterize the problem ... HTTP overhead is an issue
    ... safety of data is another issue

    <noah>   From TPAC minutes quoting Mike Belshe:

    <noah>  "83 connections for the NYT home page puts really bad
    pressure on NAT"

    Yves: How is Web being used, what are the problems

    <noah>  YL: Performance of HTTP is one aspect of what SPDY addresses,
    other is pervasive use of SSL with SPDY

    Jeni: What does SPDY do and what other options are there?

    <noah>  Note that Jim Gettys has suggested that SPDY-like protocols
    help with "buffer bloat"

    Jeni: How much is W3C role and how much is IETF?

    <noah>  NM: At TPAC, I think there was sentiment for a significnt W3C
    role

    <Yves>  It has effect in the whole stack, so yes we should track
    this, but it doesn't mean that the TAG will do the work

    Dan: People including Tim wanted strong participation from W3C.

    <JeniT>  ACTION-618?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-618 -- Yves Lafon to with help from Larry, Noah,
    and Jeni to prepare analysis on development around HTTP, like spdy,
    ssl use, websocket... -- due 2011-11-29 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>  [15]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/618

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/618

    Yves: I have an action to create a small document about SPDY and
    friends

    Noah: Success would be if we can explain to W3C management what the
    opportunities are and what we recommend

    Dan: This is urgent ... Google has deployed into several
    applications

    <Yves>  Amazon Silk also will use spdy

    Dan: and several others

    Noah: They said they were ready to put this into Standards space and
    it may change in the process

    <noah>  ACTION-626?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-626 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule discussion of
    how, if at all, TAG should continue to be involved with SPDY -- due
    2011-11-15 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>  [16]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/626

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/626

Overdue Action Items

    <noah>  close ACTION-626

    <trackbot>  ACTION-626 Schedule discussion of how, if at all, TAG
    should continue to be involved with SPDY closed

    Noah: Close 626 ... we have followup action to Yves

    <noah>  ACTION-572?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-572 -- Yves Lafon to look at appcache in HTML5 --
    due 2011-10-04 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>  [17]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/572

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/572

    <noah>  ACTION-572 Due 2011-11-29

    <trackbot>  ACTION-572 Look at appcache in HTML5 due date now
    2011-11-29

    <noah>  ACTION-404?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-404 -- Yves Lafon to track HTML WG ISSUE-27
    rel-ownership -- due 2011-09-30 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>  [18]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/404

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/404

    <noah>  ACTION-404 Due 2012-02-07

    <trackbot>  ACTION-404 Track HTML WG ISSUE-27 rel-ownership due date
    now 2012-02-07

    <noah>  ACTION-523?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-523 -- Ashok Malhotra to (with help from Noah)
    build good product page for client storage finding, identifying top
    questions to be answered on client side storage -- due 2011-08-30 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>  [19]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/523

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/523

    Ashok: We need to think about our direction on client-side storage

    Noah: Can you write mail framing the discussion?

    <noah>  ACTION: Ashok Frame issues around client-side storage work
    Due 2011-12-06 [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/11/17-minutes#action01]

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/11/17-minutes#action01

    <trackbot>  Created ACTION-632 - Frame issues around client-side
    storage work Due 2011-12-06 [on Ashok Malhotra - due 2011-11-24].

    <noah>  ACTION-632 Due 2011-12-06

    <trackbot>  ACTION-632 Frame issues around client-side storage work
    Due 2011-12-06 due date now 2011-12-06

    <noah>  ACTION-523 Due 2011-12-20

    <trackbot>  ACTION-523 (with help from Noah) build good product page
    for client storage finding, identifying top questions to be answered
    on client side storage due date now 2011-12-20

    <noah>  ACTION-475?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-475 -- Ashok Malhotra to write finding on
    client-side storage, DanA to review -- due 2011-08-24 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>  [21]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/475

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/475

    <noah>  AM: We should close pending analysis of what we want to do in
    this area, see ACTION-632

    <noah>  Product page:
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/clientsidestorage.html

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/clientsidestorage.html

    Ashok: Shall we close this? Overtaken by 623.

    <noah>  This proposed product page has not yet been reviewed by Ashok
    Malhotra or other TAG members

    <noah>  close ACTION-475

    <trackbot>  ACTION-475 Write finding on client-side storage, DanA to
    review closed

    <noah>  ACTION-528?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-528 -- Henry Thompson to create and get consensus
    on a product page and tracker product page for persistence of names
    -- due 2011-10-04 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>  [23]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/528

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/528

    <noah>  HT: I should get back to that.

    <noah>  ACTION-528 Due 2011-11-29

    <trackbot>  ACTION-528 Create and get consensus on a product page and
    tracker product page for persistence of names due date now
    2011-11-29

    <noah>  ACTION-617 Due 2011-12-15

    <trackbot>  ACTION-617 Work with Yves to take
    [24]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/ off the
    Rec track due date now 2011-12-15

      [24] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/

    <noah>  ACTION-501?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-501 -- Noah Mendelsohn to follow up on whether
    GeoLocation finds reasonable answer on giving permission per
    site/app etc [self-assigned] -- due 2011-10-25 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>  [25]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/501

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/501

    <noah>  AM: They've gone to last call.

    <noah>  AM: Or about to...

    <noah>  AM: Want our feedback....

    <noah>  Assigning 501 to Ashok.

    <JeniT>  AM: Is there anyone else interested in this; it has to do
    with privacy?

    <noah>  ACTION-501?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-501 -- Ashok Malhotra to follow up on whether
    GeoLocation finds reasonable answer on giving permission per
    site/app etc [self-assigned] -- due 2011-12-06 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>  [26]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/501

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/501

    <noah>  ACTION: Ashok to drive TAG review of Geolocation last call
    Due 2011-12-06 [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/11/17-minutes#action02]

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/11/17-minutes#action02

    <trackbot>  Created ACTION-633 - Drive TAG review of Geolocation last
    call Due 2011-12-06 [on Ashok Malhotra - due 2011-11-24].

    <noah>  ACTION-633 Due 2011-12-06

    <trackbot>  ACTION-633 Drive TAG review of Geolocation last call Due
    2011-12-06 due date now 2011-12-06

    Noah: Question was "are permissions by site or by URI stem etc."

    <noah>  ACTION-602?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-602 -- Noah Mendelsohn to work with IETF liaisons
    to propose possible TAG participation in IETF Paris -- due
    2011-11-04 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>  [28]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/602

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/602

    <noah>  ACTION-621?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-621 -- Noah Mendelsohn to with Dan to figure out
    whether we want a TAG bof at TPAC -- due 2011-10-20 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>  [29]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/621

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/621

    <noah>  close ACTION-621

    <trackbot>  ACTION-621 With Dan to figure out whether we want a TAG
    bof at TPAC closed

    <noah>  ACTION-601?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-601 -- Noah Mendelsohn to document in product
    pages wrapup of HTML5 last call work, leading to HTML next review --
    due 2011-10-21 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>  [30]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/601

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/601

    <noah>  ACTION-601 Due 2011-12-13

    <trackbot>  ACTION-601 Document in product pages wrapup of HTML5 last
    call work, leading to HTML next review due date now 2011-12-13

    <noah>  ACTION-591?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-591 -- Noah Mendelsohn to ping Norm end of Sept.
    on revised HTML/XML report per discussion on 1 Sept 2011 -- due
    2011-10-21 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>  [31]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/591

      [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/591

    <noah>  ACTION-591 Due 2011-11-23

    <trackbot>  ACTION-591 Ping Norm end of Sept. on revised HTML/XML
    report per discussion on 1 Sept 2011 due date now 2011-11-23

    <noah>  ACTION-536?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-536 -- Noah Mendelsohn to work with HST to
    identify a way forward wrt interaction -- due 2011-10-11 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>  [32]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/536

      [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/536

    <noah>  close ACTION-536

    <trackbot>  ACTION-536 Work with HST to identify a way forward wrt
    interaction closed

    <noah>  ACTION-619?

    <trackbot>  ACTION-619 -- Henry Thompson to report on status of
    3023bis after TPAC -- due 2011-11-15 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>  [33]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/619

      [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/619

    <noah>  ACTION-619 Due 2011-12-13

    <trackbot>  ACTION-619 Report on status of 3023bis after TPAC due
    date now 2011-12-13

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Ashok Frame issues around client-side storage work Due
    2011-12-06 [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/11/17-minutes#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Ashok to drive TAG review of Geolocation last call Due
    2011-12-06 [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/11/17-minutes#action02]

      [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/11/17-minutes#action01
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/11/17-minutes#action02

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


-- 
All the best, Ashok
Received on Wednesday, 23 November 2011 17:13:28 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:40 GMT