RE: Mentions of microdata in HTML5 (ACTION-631)

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 18:37:53 -0800
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
CC: "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>
I'm out of date, apparently. Sorry.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeni Tennison [mailto:jeni@jenitennison.com]
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 12:10 PM
To: Larry Masinter
Cc: www-tag@w3.org List
Subject: Mentions of microdata in HTML5 (ACTION-631)

On the call yesterday you mentioned that there was an explicit reference in the HTML5 specification to microdata. I just did a search on the spec at [1] and I couldn't see any mention of microdata at all. There are a few mentions of microformats, but only in terms of use of extensibility points, which doesn't seem unreasonable.

There are mentions of microdata in the WHATWG version of the spec, but that has microdata as part of HTML itself rather than as a separate document.

Have I missed what you were talking about?

[1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html
Jeni Tennison