Re: CSS vendor extension issues

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel@glazman.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 21:24:19 +0100
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
CC: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, Peter Linss <peter.linss@hp.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Please note my recent proposal about CSS vendor prefixes:

   http://is.gd/jEVPm2

Some of the comments are awfully misinformed, some are interesting.
But I agree we have a major problem with CSS vendor prefixes.

Please note we have a similar problem with all APIs now standardized
in W3C. Some vendors implement them prefixed, some don't. Since browser
vendors ship them, they are used in production web sites! Catastophe.

Implementations go faster - and too fast - than specs again, just as in
1997/98.

</Daniel>