Re: Repurposing the Hash Sign for the New Web comments

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 09:02:58 -0400
To: Syd Lawrence <sydlawrence@googlemail.com>
CC: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>, "ashok.malhotra@oracle.com" <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Karl Dubost writes:

> I wonder if it's a call for the almost not implemented
> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.14

Maybe, but doing so still involves most of the serious shortcomings
discussed at [1].

On 5/18/2011 5:24 PM, Syd Lawrence wrote:
> What does the #! give you that the history API doesn't?

I'm no fan of #!, but it gives you something that works on the millions of
browsers that are already out there that don't have the history API. I'd
like to believe we could, over time

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#uri-aliases