Re: Repurposing the Hash Sign for the New Web comments

From: Syd Lawrence <sydlawrence@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 21:27:46 +0100
Cc: "ashok.malhotra@oracle.com" <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>, Syd Lawrence <sydlawrence@googlemail.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
To: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
The main problem is when they have a server side redirect. I.e. Redirecting to mobile or to uk.gawker

But the server side redirect doesn't pick up the # so it loses all of that. And redirects the user to the homepage.

http://www.gizmodo.com/#!5798016/the-navy-seals-booty-was-yesterdays-biggest-victory

Sent from my phone