ACTION-501: Geolocation access control on a per site basis

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 20:43:06 -0400
To: mdw@w3.org
CC: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Matt,

That TAG has been doing some work on privacy and Web API "minimization".
Some months ago I took a TAG action to find out whether the Geolocation
working group ever decided to adopt some means of controlling access to
location information on a per-application or per-site basis, and if so what.

I do see your "4.1 Privacy considerations for implementors of the
Geolocation API" [1]. Is there anything else that we should be aware of,
whether in the specs or being debated for the future? Thank you very much.

BTW: www-tag is a public mailing list, and you are welcome to relay this
note, or a link to it, to members of the Geolocation WG if you think they
would be interested. Thank you very much

Noah

[1] http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source.html#privacy_for_uas

P.S. Tracker, this relates to TAG ACTION-501