W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > May 2011

Re: TAG teleconference agenda for 5 May 2011

From: Amy van der Hiel <amy@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 15:07:34 -0400
Cc: Amy van der Hiel <amy@w3.org>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, Norm Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Message-Id: <BE76580A-66ED-452D-B2B0-BFF3C1C93BFB@w3.org>
To: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Hi Noah,

As I hope I mentioned when we spoke, Tim is at risk for tomorrow's TAG meeting.  It's very unlikely he'll be able to attend.  

He's also in the UK on Thursday 12 May so also at risk then too. There are W3C meetings in Spain on 19 May.  26 May he's receiving an honorary degree.   The first week of June might work but I can't guarantee.

best,
Amy



On May 4, 2011, at 11:31 AM, Noah Mendelsohn wrote:

> The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 5 May 2011 is now available at [1,2], and in text-only form below.
> 
> Larry is scheduled to scribe, but I have yet to receive confirmation from him. If he's unavailable, Ashok said last week he could do it.
> 
> Noah
> 
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/05/05-agenda
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
> 
> =====================================================================
> 
>   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: [3]28 April 2011 This: [4]5 May 2011
>   Next: [5]12 May 2011
> 
>      [1] http://www.w3.org/
>      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
>      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/05/05-agenda
>      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/04/28-agenda
>      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/05/12-agenda
> 
>                Agenda of 5 May 2011 TAG Teleconference
> 
>   Nearby: [6]Teleconference details - [7]issues list - [8]open actions
>   - [9]pending review actions - [10]www-tag archive - [11]tag archive
>    1. Convene
>          + Chair: Noah Mendelsohn, Scribe: Larry Masinter
>            (unconfirmed)
>          + Roll call -- Regrets: none
>          + Future regrets: Henry Thompson (19 May [Henry had indicated
>            regrets for the 18th, but our call will be on the 19th])
>          + Agenda Review - [12]this agenda
>          + Next Meeting: 12 May 2011, Chair: Noah Mendelsohn
>          + Future scribes: Larry Masinter, Ashok Malhotra, Jeni
>            Tennison
>    2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
>          + [13]28 April 2011
>    3. Administrative items
>          + Chairs are working on short list of TAG goals to commit to
>            W3C management for 2011
>          + Noah hopes to prepare a TAG status report in time for the
>            AC meeting (which Noah will not attend). Please send
>            input/suggestions, preferably ASAP ([14]previous status
>            report)
>          + Joint session with the IAB proposed for July in Quebec City
>          + Start thinking about London vs. Edinburg for 13-15 Sept.
>            2011 TAG F2F
>          + Any logistics issues for June 2011 F2F?
>          + Noah has sent query to Norm Walsh asking about HTML/XML
>            unification session for June F2F
>    4. [15]ACTION-545: Privacy Workshop
>          + Goals:
>               o Get report from Ashok on the [16]W3C Workshop on Web
>                 Tracking and User Privacy
>               o Review state of other actions and work relating to
>                 privacy, decide next steps.
>          + Background:
>               o [17]ACTION-545: on - Ashok Malhotra - Report to TAG,
>                 after privacy workshop, regarding architecture issue
>                 on privacy and especially degree to which use cases
>                 beyond those addressed by "Do Not Track" need
>                 attention - Due: 2011-05-03 - OPEN
>               o [18]ACTION-507: on - Daniel Appelquist - With Noah to
>                 suggest next steps for TAG on privacy - Due:
>                 2011-05-03 - OPEN
>               o Earlier background:
>                    # IETF/W3C Privacy workshop was held at MIT 8-98
>                      December 2011. "Action Items" for W3C were
>                      proposed. See: [19]Action items (PDF - may need
>                      rotating) collected at IETF/W3C Privacy Workshop
>                      wrapup
>                    # [20]ACTION-506: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Noah to
>                      bring proposed W3C Actions on Privacy before the
>                      TAG - TLR to report back to IETF - Due:
>                      2011-01-11 - CLOSED
>                    # [21]Papers from earlier IETF/W3C workshop on
>                      privacy
>    5. [22]ISSUE-66 (mimeAndWeb-66-27): IETF Draft on MIME  Fragment
>       IDs not "grounded" in media type
>          + Goals:
>               o Discuss Jonathan's [23]email to the RDFa working group
>                 relating to frament IDs and media type registrations
>               o Review Jeni's [24]proposed revisions to the MIME
>                 finding covering fragment IDs not grounded in media
>                 type registrations
>               o Decide on next steps relating to fragids, media types,
>                 and the Mime/Web draft
>          + Background:
>               o [25]ACTION-509: on - Jonathan Rees - Communicate with
>                 RDFa WG regarding documenting the fragid / media type
>                 issue - Due: 2011-03-07 - PENDING REVIEW
>               o [26]ACTION-543: on - Jeni Tennison - Propose addition
>                 to MIME/Web draft to discuss sem-web use of fragids
>                 not grounded in media type Due: 2011-04-05 - Due:
>                 2011-05-10 - OPEN
>               o See also [27]next agenda item, which may involve
>                 registry-related aspects of the MIME/Web draft
>    6. [28]ISSUE-50 (URNsAndRegistries-50): Registries
>          + Goals:
>               o [29]Minutes of 14 April 2011 suggest that
>                 [30]ACTION-539 should be closed, but it remains
>                 PENDING REVIEW. If that's a clerical error, we'll deal
>                 with it quickly, otherwise we'll have technical
>                 discussion of registries.
>          + Background:
>               o [31]ACTION-539: on - Larry Masinter - Liaise with
>                 Thomas Roessler about the registries issue background
>                 - Due: 2011-03-24 - PENDING REVIEW
>               o Earlier background:
>                    # Larry's email framing [32]TAG work on registries
>                    # [33]ACTION-511: on - Larry Masinter - Send email
>                      framing TAG work on registries - Due: 2011-01-20
>                      - CLOSED
>                    # [34]RFC 5226: BCP - Guidelines for Writing an
>                      IANA Considerations Section in RFCs
>    7. [35]Web Application Architecture: Design of APIs for Web
>       Applications
>          + Goals:
>               o Review recent changes to Dan Appelquists' [36]WebApp
>                 API Minimization
>          + Background:
>               o [37]ACTION-514: on - Daniel Appelquist - Draft finding
>                 on API minimization Due: 2011-02-01 - Due: 2011-04-12
>                 - OPEN
>               o [38]Discussion of API minimization at the 8 February
>                 2011 TAG F2F
>               o From previous F2F: [39]Dan Appelquist writeup on API
>                 Design - ([40]announcement email)
>               o [41]ACTION-461: on - Daniel Appelquist - Draft
>                 "finding" on Web Apps API design - Due: 2010-12-31 -
>                 CLOSED
>    8. Overdue Action Items:
>          + [42]Overdue actions in [43]Tracker
>    9. Pending Review Items:
>          + [44]Pending review actions in [45]Tracker
>   10. Any other business
>     _________________________________________________________
> 
>      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
>      [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
>      [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
>      [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
>     [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
>     [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
>     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/05/05-agenda
>     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/04/28-minutes
>     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/sum12.html
>     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/545
>     [16] http://www.w3.org/2011/track-privacy/
>     [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/545
>     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/507
>     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Dec/att-0061/ActionItems_Workshop.pdf
>     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/506
>     [21] http://www.iab.org/about/workshops/privacy/Privacy_Workshop_Papers.zip
>     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/66
>     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Apr/0062.html
>     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011May/0000.html
>     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/509
>     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/543
>     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/50
>     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/04/14-minutes.html#item06
>     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/05/05-agenda
>     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/539
>     [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Feb/0004.html
>     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/511
>     [34] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5226
>     [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/products/7
>     [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/APIMinimization.html
>     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/514
>     [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/05/05-agenda
>     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/WebappsAPIDesignNotes.html
>     [40] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0104.html
>     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/461
>     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
>     [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
>     [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
>     [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
> 
> 
>    Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
>    $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2011/05/04 15:29:20 $
> 
>   [46]Valid XHTML 1.1
> 
>     [46] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
> 
> 

--
Amy van der Hiel
W3C/MIT
32 Vassar Street, G532
Cambridge, MA 02139 USA
phone: +1.617.253.5628
fax: +1.617.258.5999
amy@w3.org
Received on Wednesday, 4 May 2011 19:07:43 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:35 GMT