Re: Identification of documents in Web applications

ashok malhotra wrote:

> On 3/9/2011 7:24 AM, Noah Mendelsohn wrote:
>> * Put more long term emphasis on using "?" vs "#" syntax.
>
> This is where we disagree and need to discuss.

Is the problem here that the fragment id is being overloaded?

1. as a way to identify a position in a user's click-trail, and

2. as a way to invoke a change of view without requiring a browser to reload the
current web page.

That is, it is both user- and network-facing in its effects in a browser.
Without AJAX this was a non-issue, but now they ideally would be separately
controllable.

(Could this not be solved by extending the Javascript / browser API?)

[later] I think this part of the message in
http://blog.arcanedomain.com/2011/03/identifying-documents-in-web-applications/

#g