Re: Identification of documents in Web applications

Noah Mendelsohn wrote:

> I've posted some thoughts at [1] on the identification of documents
> in Web applications.

Note that this also applies to Larry's notion of using Wikipedia as the
media-type registry, specifically:

"Yes, with new media types we can do what we want, but in this case we
don't have a new media type, and the normative specifications make
clear that for text/html, fragments refer to anchors within the
document."

(Or, in REST-speak, the self-descriptive messaging constraint is broken
unless the media type supports the fragment implementation used by the
application in question.)

So we just head on over to Wikipedia and change the definition of text/
html to support #! syntax as a 'view' and allow (if not require) user-
agents to send it to the server as part of the request...

-Eric