Re: Issue-57

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:59:59 -0400
To: Graham Klyne <GK-lists@ninebynine.org>
Cc: Xiaoshu Wang <xiao@renci.org>, Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, David Booth <david@dbooth.org>, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>, "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>
On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Graham Klyne <GK-lists@ninebynine.org> wrote:
> As far as I can tell, that is all that HTTP-range-14 is providing:  a way to
> distinguish between a response that means roughly "here is what you asked
> for", and "here is something not what you asked for".

It's interesting that you see range-14 as providing that. This is
(almost) what I consider one of the plausible interpretations of
getting a 200 response of any kind, and I don't see how range-14
further reinforces that, though I'm curious how you conclude it does.

The "almost" is because the 200 response says something more like:
"here is what I was designed to answer with when you asked".

-Alan