Re: Issue-57

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 14:06:07 -0400
To: Xiaoshu Wang <xiao@renci.org>
Cc: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, David Booth <david@dbooth.org>, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>, "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>
On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Xiaoshu Wang <xiao@renci.org> wrote:
> I have stated my solutions many times. Here it is again:
>
> Don't ask people to make inference from *how* a message is received. Ask
> people to make assertions in the message *explicitly*, with more refined
> terms suited to their intended granularity.

You misunderstood me. I am *not* talking about whatever problem you
think the above is a solution to. The problem to which I seek
solutions is:

given http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Fire
how do I say (in RDF or equivalent):
1. that the wiki page is licensed according to l1
2. that Pale Fire is licensed according to l2

without modifying either the wiki page or Pale Fire.

It's not that hard; I just want to know concretely what others think,
especially those who would jettison httpRange-14.

Jonathan