Re: Issue-57

From: mike amundsen <mamund@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:20:29 -0400
To: ashok.malhotra@oracle.com
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
WebDAV shows that it is possible to create a new set of request
methods and response codes to meet the needs of a specific set of use
cases while still relying on the same app-level protocol (HTTP) all
the while allowing other "non-WebDAV" clients and servers to safely
co-exist on the same Web. I am surprised that the RDF community has
not spent more time exploring a similar approach in order to reduce
ambiguity and increase the value of both requests and responses at the
transfer level (HTTP).

mca
http://amundsen.com/blog/
http://twitter.com@mamund