MIME documents update (MIME and Web)

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:22:18 -0700
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
It looks like there's some work to change the media type registry to fix some problems:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-freed-media-type-regs

We might want to review this against the problems I noted in
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masinter-mime-web-info )
as well as any specific suggestions about fragment identifiers.

I imagine it would be most effective to include one or more of editors of that document (Ned Freed, John Klensin, Tony Hansen) in discussions of its content.

Along the way, we might also want to review
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-mime-default-charset

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net