RE: Normative status of author-only view of the HTML5 specification

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011, Paul Cotton wrote:

>> Given that we would then have two documents with normative status
>> describing how HTML is defined. Which of the two is authoritative if
>> the two don't agree?
>
> Our goal is have the two documents agree - the author-only view is
> generated directly from the HTML5 spec.

Nevertheless it seems undesirable to have two different documents claim
authority over what constitues valid HTML. I would much prefer the
document containing only the author view of the spec to be explicitly
informative and clearly marked as a subset of the full HTML5 spec
published for the convenience of one target audience.