Web Applications: Web Browser As An Accessibility Platform

From: T.V Raman <raman@google.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 15:59:37 -0700
To: www-tag@w3.org
In the context of my prior work on the TAG  on Web Applications
--- and  the questions regarding Web Arch that come up as we move
from a web of documents to a web of applications, I thought some
of our current work on building access solutions using pure Web
technologies might be of interest here -- see
http://chromevox.blogspot.com --- and specifically, the articles
cited below:

http://chromevox.blogspot.com/2011/06/web-as-platform-for-universal-access.html
and
http://chromevox.blogspot.com/2011/06/web-10-web-20-from-web-documents-to-web.html
note that ChromeVox is the built-in screenreader on Chrome OS
and is itself built as a Web Application.