Re: Session on mime types and fragids

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 22:59:36 -0700
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
Here's a curiosity... section 2 of

    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-00

says

   "The <fragment> part ... is only
   applicable to URN Namespaces that specifically opt to support its
   usage.  Thus, a URN Namespace registration document MAY specify the
   usage of <fragment> with URNs of that particular URN Namespace."

which to my eye contradicts RFC 3986

    "the fragment identifier is not used in the scheme-specific
     processing of a URI"

This is just a draft, and I'm not suggesting we get involved in the
URNbis process. But we might add the inclination expressed here to the
catalog of pressures conspiring to weaken (or reform) fragment id
semantics.

Jonathan