Re: Dropping RDF mapping from microdata spec

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 17:58:31 +0100
Cc: "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>
To: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Hi Michael :)

On 27 Jul 2011, at 17:29, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
>> I know that Michael Hausenblas and others have been working on doing a mapping from schema.org to RDF; perhaps that might work as the basis for a Community Group that could look at defining a mapping.
>
> The Schema.org sponsors have taken up this work and directly provide an OWL version now [1]. We collect and maintain mappings from widely deployed RDF vocabularies to Schema.org via Schema.RDFS.org [2] ... which reminds me that I have an action to properly update our site with the recent changes ;)

I had a recollection that you were also creating RDF versions of pages that contained schema.org microdata. Is that right?

I know that the RDF versions of the schema.org properties have nice simple URIs like http://schema.org/affiliation which wouldn't naturally arise from microdata's RDF mapping.

My question is, if I have recalled correctly that you are dynamically creating RDF from pages marked up with schema.org microdata, is the mapping that you use generic (e.g. map any short-name property into a URI based on the itemtype of the nearest item) or specific to schema.org (i.e. recognise those particular short-name properties on items with a schema.org type)?

Thanks,

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison