Re: Unified Approaches

From: <BillClare3@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 18:46:25 -0400 (EDT)
To: gandhi.mukul@gmail.com
CC: www-tag@w3.org
In a message dated 7/17/2011 12:35:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gandhi.mukul@gmail.com writes:
On Fri,  Jul 15, 2011 at 3:46 AM,  <BillClare3@aol.com> wrote:
> What  is proposed in a related paper is an approach toward use of model
>  driven declarative specifications that systematically continue the
>  development of XML from a document specification language to full  scale
> support for application development.

I find it hard  to understand from your mail, where the gaps are as per
your  proposal?

   Yes, XML and related facilities do have considerable  capabilities for
application development and the intent would be to build on  these.
   However, they also lack fundamental features  that could be included in
a declarative language, some of which are alluded  to in a related note here.
  More fundamentally, however, the evolution has led to  unnecessary
complexities and lack of systemization.   If development focused on a broader goal
of productivity for  application development, I believe this would lead to
greatly enhanced  characteristics of generality, simplicity, consistency,
ease of use and  clarity - all of which gaps could be remedied with some