Fwd: Tracking Protection Working Group draft charter

From: ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 16:30:55 -0700
To: "www >> \"www-tag@w3.org\"" <www-tag@w3.org>
FYI ...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Tracking Protection Working Group draft charter
Date: 	Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:58:42 -0700
From: 	Nick Doty <npdoty@w3.org>

Following up on the Princeton workshop [1] and widespread interest from both industry and regulators [2] in standardizing Do Not Track technologies, we're proposing a Tracking Protection Working Group, with a draft charter now available.

http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/charter-draft

Feedback from the public (and this list in particular) would be most helpful.

Next steps will be to send the charter to the W3C Advisory Committee for review. After that step and approval from the Director, we expect the group to form and work to begin by the end of August.

Discussion is welcome on this list; if you wish to send comments offline, please contact me <npdoty@w3.org <mailto:npdoty@w3.org>> and Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org <mailto:tlr@w3.org>>.

Thanks,
Nick

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/track-privacy/report.html