RE: Revised HTML/XML Task Force Report

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:13:24 -0700
To: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
CC: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, Norm Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
With respect to:
I wrote:
> It would be helpful to elaborate how common such documents are and what kinds of problems in the lack of "perfect" representation might encounter.

Karl replied:
> Most details are available into
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-xhtml-author-guide/html-xhtml-authoring-guide.html

> So maybe it is just a question of linking to it.

But the polyglot specification referenced above does not address the questions I asked:

* How common are HTML documents that cannot be  reasonably represented in XML?
* What kinds of practical difficulties would arise for those documents (and how serious are those difficulties)?

so no, my question isn't addressed by linking to that specification.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net