Re: Preliminary version of the Agenda for the TAG F2F Meeting of 8-10 February 2011

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:34:29 -0500
To: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Cc: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
I think you meant "duri URI scheme", not "tdb URI scheme".  "tdb"
might be better placed under 'HTTP semantics'...

Focussing on domain name persistence is, I think, the wrong way to
look at it. The question is not "how shall we try to address domain
name persistence" but "how should we write persistent references and
how would we make any chosen solution stick".  Domain name persistence
is just one answer.

In any case I thought the session was to be about ACTION-478, which
asks the latter question. As resolvable duri:s are part of the
ACTION-478 decision tree I suggest we bill the session as "Persistent
reference (domain name persistence, resolvable duri:, etc.)" with
reference to ACTION-478.

Discussing Larry's draft is really a separate topic so I recommend we
discuss it at some other time. Can't do both in an hour.

Jonathan