Review of IAB document on extensibility

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 08:22:54 -0800
To: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
CC: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
I mentioned this in passing at the F2F:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-extension-recs

IETF Internet Architecture Board document on "Design Considerations for Protocol Extensions".

I would like to ask that we schedule some time for TAG review & discussion.

My thought is that TAG has discussed distributed extensibility and language versioning at length, but without converging on a "product". Perhaps a review and perhaps even a reaction or follow-on about applicability of the IAB design considerations as applied to W3C specifications might be another way of getting more community value of our past understandings (and open questions).

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net