Re: HTML WG Decides against namespace-based features for distributed extensibility

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 11:26:23 +0100
To: "Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "Noah Mendelsohn" <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Cc: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 21:51:42 +0100, Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
wrote:
> My sincere apologies for any confusion caused. I tend to think of Last
> Call as a somewhat internal W3C step (I.e. last call is for comments
> from W3C working groups) on the way to a more visible CR, PR, or
> whatever.

That is actually not what Last Call is about per the W3C Process. When a
Working Group advances to Last Call it is expected to have resolved its
differences with other W3C Working Groups. Last Call is also very much for
public review. Once a specification reaches Candidate Recommendation it is
expected to not change much anymore so the public should definitely review
it before that.

http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#last-call

--
Anne van Kesteren