Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft

Am 01.02.2011 01:38, schrieb Eric J. Bowman:
> Bob Ferris wrote:
>>
>> schrieb Eric J. Bowman:

>>> Which relevant specification?  What would the URI equivalent of
>>> text/html "point to"?
>>
>> Something like http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2854.txt ?
>>

> You can't assume a 1:1 mapping, which brings us back to, what media
> type does the following URI indicate?
>
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

This document defines media types not a single media type. That means, I
need URI to address each concrete complete media type e.g.,
http://www.apps.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.html#sec-8.18 for
"application/rdf+xml". Whether other specifications are included
(imported) in this concrete media type specification is another issue
e.g., I guess "application/rdf+xml" requires also the media type
specification for the "XML media type".
A redirection for "*+xml" media types to
http://www.apps.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.html is not sufficient, because it
usually wouldn't completely describe the concrete media type. I think a
direct mapping is necessary. When two media types use the same URI then
they are equal e.g., AFAIK the media type for Turtle isn't a standard
one and e.g. "application/rdf+turtle" and "text/turtle" exist in the wild.

Cheers,

Bob