W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > December 2011

Re: Please review preliminary list of sessions for TAG January F2F

From: ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 04:01:31 -0800
Message-ID: <4EE8901B.3050502@oracle.com>
To: www-tag@w3.org
Noah:
Can you add a brief session on Privacy?  I'm working on a positioning statement.
Storage is still TBD.
All the best, Ashok

On 12/13/2011 6:44 PM, Noah Mendelsohn wrote:
> I've pulled together a preliminary list of sessions for the January F2F. These are not yet scheduled into time slots, so they may not all fit, and for many of the sessions we are still awaiting drafts for discussion. The list is in the agenda document at [1], and for your convenience, the non-administrative items are copied below.
> *
> */TAG Members: please review this ASAP. /If you are responsible for work in an area, please make sure the listing is appropriate. If anything is missing, please let me know.
>
> We will discuss on the call this Thursday, and based on your guidance I will prepare the (almost) final agenda.
>
>
> The working list of sessions is as follows. Much of this list is derived from the discussion on 1 December 2011 [2].
>
>    1. URI Definition Discovery:
>           * Product page <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/defininguris.html>
>           * JAR: Still on track for calling for change proposals, etc. by end of year.
>    2. Mime/Web:
>           * ACTION-531: on - Larry Masinter - Draft document on architectural good practice relating to registries - Due: 2011-12-26 - OPEN: on Dec 1 Larry confirmed he views this as part of the larger Mime/Web effort
>           * ACTION-636 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/636>: on - Larry Masinter - Update product page for Mime and the Web - Due: 2011-12-08 - OPEN
>           * Note 8 Dec. 2011 discussion <%20http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/08-minutes#item02%20> of whether scope should be broadened to extensibility hooks in general
>           * RESOLUTION: The TAG, with Larry in the lead, will prepare a document (based on http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/att-0037/draft-registries.txt), likely a finding, discussing architecture for extensibility points in specifications, including but not necessarily limited to registries. This will augment the soon-to-be published (short) work on MIME architecture.
>           * On Dec 1 Larry said he would have drafts of both for discussion at the F2F
>    3. TAG work on W3C architecture pages:
>           * Jeni, and perhaps others, have promised drafts for discussion
>    4. Persistence of identifiers
>           * Product page for persistence work <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/persistence.html>
>           * Including discussion of workshop results (if we have not already covered those on a teleconference -- we'll have a persistence session in any case.)
>    5. HTML.next brainstorm —
>           * Philippe le Hegaret will join us for this session, probably on Wed. or Thurs.
>    6. Web protocols: HTTP Futures & SPDY (with Mark Nottingham)
>           * Scheduled for Friday morning to accomodate Mark's travel plans
>           * ACTION-640 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/640>: on - Yves Lafon - Frame F2F discussion of SPDY/HTTP futures - Due: 2011-12-15 - OPEN
>           * ACTION-639 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/639>: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Invite Mark Nottingham to SPDY/HTTP F2F session - Due: 2011-12-15 - PENDING REVIEW
>    7. HTML/XML Unification:
>           * Tentatively scheduled as working session at Tim's house late afternoon, most likely on Thursday, possibly Wed.
>    8. API Minimization
>           * On Dec. 1, Dan Appelquist asked for a likely slot on minimization, but what we'd discuss was at the time unclear. If nothing else, we'll have to consider the effect of Dan's departure on this work.
>    9. As of 1 Dec. 2011 we were unclear as to whether there would be substantial progress to discuss relating to storage. The chair is inclined to schedule a session if there's time.
>           * ACTION-523 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/523>: on - Ashok Malhotra - (with help from Noah) build good product page for client storage finding, identifying top questions to be answered on client side storage - Due: 2011-12-20 - OPEN
>   10. Possible review/triage of old open issues
>           * Our issues list [3] seems to be good institutional memory for why we did things, but a poor guide to daily work. Maybe we should skim them looking for things we should work on. Is it worth the time to close each one individuatlly? Note: from our charter <http://www.w3.org/2004/10/27-tag-charter.html>:
>
>                 /The TAG will also resolve issues involving general Web architecture brought to the TAG. /
>
>             Should we only keep issues open in the case where something has been explicitly brought to the TAG for resolution?
>   11. Fragment identifiers:
>           * Per discussion on 1 Dec 2011, Fragids: will /not/ be ready for January F2F (HT and PL -- will get to it in January) From minutes of 1 Dec: Tentative conclusion, don't discuss this at F2F, unless Henry or Peter proposes a particular issue
>
> Thank you.
> Noah
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/04-agenda.html#agendaInProgress
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/01-minutes#item04
> [3] https://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/open
Received on Wednesday, 14 December 2011 12:01:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:44 GMT