MIME, Extensions, Registries

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 22:37:48 -0800
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
I reformatted, reorganized and cleaned up the document I circulated last week, split up into sections on Extensibility, Registries, and MIME (although the MIME section is sparse).

This document is circulated as part of TAG

 *   [ACTION-595<https://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/595>] Create a report on MIME and the web
 *   [ACTION-531<https://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/531>] Draft document on architectural good practice related to registries
 *   [ACTION-636<https://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/636>] Update product page for Mime and the Web
 *   [ISSUE-41<https://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/41>] What are good practices for designing extensible languages and for handling versioning
 *   [ISSUE-66<https://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/66>] The role of MIME in the Web Architecture
If you have minor comments or things I've missed or should link to, you can message me directly.
I did review the minutes, but I haven't incorporated much from the discussion of CSS vendor prefixes except to list what I thought the considerations there were (transition, deployment before and after consensus, ...).