Re: URL/URI/IRI resolution in HTML5/RDF/RDFa

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 17:08:54 +0200
To: "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> wrote:
> In particular, I'm not sure whether this has been picked up in the HTML/XML Task Force and it might have an impact when you start looking at the behaviour of the XML stack.

There's no "the" behavior of the XML stack. The Jena IRI library
supports 6 sets of rules (see
http://jena.sourceforge.net/iri/javadoc/com/hp/hpl/jena/iri/IRIFactory.html
) 4 of these sets of rules can be blamed on "XML stack" specs if you
consider RDF/XML to be part of "the XML stack".

Unfortunately, none of these 6 sets of rules is appropriate for URL
handling on the browsable Web.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi