RE: Any update on TAG request?

I guess this flew by ... Maybe I'm completely missing something?  I'm not sure what the TAG is going to add to this, or why it should be a TAG finding.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0188.html

contains:
# In the meantime, documents such as CSS3 Selectors and HTML5 depend on or could be impacted by Unicode Normalization.  In a discussion with Peter Linss, co-chair of CSS, and others [4],

But there is no reference [4].

# it was felt that the best course of action was to allow some or all existing specs to make progress while seeking a TAG finding to clarify the direction for normalization going forwards.

I don't understand why this is the "best course of action"...

You are the internationalization experts, the TAG are not. Why isn't the best course of action for the W3C I18N working group to finish its document based on community consensus, including the CSS and HTML working groups?

#  Some members of our WG feel that closure on the issue of normalization is important for future interoperability.

Yes, sounds good.

http://www.w3.org/TR/charmod-norm/

If there were some disagreement or opposing viewpoints or an issue where the TAG could act as a tie-breaker, that might be a different situation, but so far all I can see is some work that the Internationalization working group (of which you are chair) hasn't finished.

What am I missing?

Larry