Re: Tracking TAG high-priority goals and deliverables

[adding Philippe]

On 8/10/2011 1:25 PM, Noah Mendelsohn wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> When you met with us in June, we agreed to provide you with
> information on at least two major TAG projects that you could track as
> deliverables for 2011 and beyond.
>
> In fact, we are attempting to be both more organized and more public
> about identifying the goals, success criteria, deliverables, target
> dates, etc. for our key projects. We have set up a publicly visible
> work plan page, which I think has what we promised you and somewhat
> more. It's available at [1], and it will be updated as our plans change.

Thanks, this is great!

> Note that for each project, a link is provided to a page that includes
> high-level goals, specific success criteria, dates for key
> deliverables or at least for next steps, names of TAG members taking
> the lead, etc. (The exception is the HTML5 Last Call Review, which has
> generated significant results in a number of areas in 2011, but which
> was largely done by the time the product page structure was put in
> place).
>
> If you are looking for two specific projects to evaluate for 2011,

Each of our "Objectives" has a W3M person who is tracking them.  The
W3Mer who is tracking "TAG" is Timbl.  So it is not me who is looking
for two specific projects - but he.  All I did was suggest the idea of
having two specific projects.

> I would suggest the HTML5 review work, which represented significant
> effort in 2011 (and before), and which has produced results in a
> number of areas, and the Web Application State effort, which should
> result in a TAG finding publication in 2011.

Accordingly, if Timbl agrees with you, I would agree as well.

I guess that both of these relate strongly to the Interaction Domain.
In that case, we could have Timbl and Philippe track these together.

> Another possibility would be the project on fragment identifiers, but
> with one caveat: the 31 December 2011 target for a TAG finding was set
> before Jeni Tennison was asked to focus more on the microdata/RDFa
> task force work, and I don't yet have commitments from TAG members to
> backfill on the same schedule. I expect the fragid work will get done,
> and done well, but perhaps a bit later than we originally thought. We
> will, of course, update that work plan and product page when and if we
> revise our schedule.
>
> In any case, I encourage you to track all of our significant projects
> using to the work plan page at [1], and to point others to it when
> they have questions about the TAG's ongoing work.

Yes, thanks.