Re: Interim agenda for TAG call of 28 April 2011

Re. HashInURI, the revised document has a significantly changed message.

OLD MESSAGE
If an application wants to identify public, reproducible states it should use fragment identifiers
because frag-ids can be changed without causing a page reload.

ADDITIONAL NEW MESSAGE
But using frag-ids has disadvantages: JavaScript is required on the client, states cannot be tracked
by Search Engines and WebCrawlers ...
HTML5 now provides history.pushState and history.replaceState operations that allow the URI
to be changed without causing a page reload.  Using these operations new URIs can be minted to identify
states using new query parameters or paths.  This provides advantages in that JavaScript is not required,
states can be tracked by search engines and the full URI is sent to server and it can decide on the best way to respond given the capabilities of the client ...
The new HTML5 operations are, however, not universally supported yet.
All the best, Ashok