Re: ACTION- 541: Jeni to help Dan pull together terminology on Deep Linking

On 2011-04 -09, at 09:56, Larry Masinter wrote:

> Tim, you said “However, I'd note that the work "cache" is often used for an archive”
>
> [...] Google uses “cached” as past tense of the verb of what it did – it cached a copy – and also makes no archival promise.  YOU called it “Google’s archive”, but I don’t see Google calling it that:

Well, so it is cache, then?? but hang on

- It isn't accessed using the same URI
- It doesn't enhance performance
- You use it when something has disappeared and the main link won't work

all of which I thought were more properties one would attribute to archive.

Tim