W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > September 2010

Draft TAG telcon minutes of 2010-08-19 available

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 09:48:59 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-ID: <alpine.DEB.1.10.1009010939290.3371@wnl.j3.bet>
Online at

  http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/08/19-minutes.html

And available in text version:

-------------
    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

               Technical Architecture Group Teleconference

19 Aug 2010

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Aug/0024.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/08/19-tagmem-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Henry Thompson, Noah Mendelsohn, Ashok Malhotra, Jonathan
           Rees, Yves Lafon, John Kemp

    Regrets
    Chair
           Noah Mendelsohn

    Scribe
           Yves

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Minutes approval
          3. [7]Administrative
          4. [8]Dev Feedback Camp
          5. [9]HttpRedirections-57
          6. [10]rdfURIMeaning-39-27 Generic Fragment ID Processing
          7. [11]Overdue Actions Items
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 19 August 2010

    <Ashok> Regrets for the next 2 Thursdays -- travel/vacation

Agenda

    next meeting on the 26th

    scribe will be ht

Minutes approval

    minutes of [13]Aug 12 are approved

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/08/12-minutes

Administrative

    TAG status report published to the world

Dev Feedback Camp

    Noah: From DanA; On developer camp, no new information, other than
    that I have not had a lot of luck finding a venue.

HttpRedirections-57

    <noah>
    [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Aug/0014.html

      [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Aug/0014.html

    Yves: would be good to wait for timbl and Larry to further discuss
    this issue

rdfURIMeaning-39-27 Generic Fragment ID Processing

    yves: xhtml+xml is compatible with generic processing

    yves: svg+xml has no conflict with xpointer generic processing, it
    defines a function with a syntax compatible with xpointer

    noah: is xhtml forbidding xpointer?

    yves: no, xhmtl is just defining id, and how they are used in frags

    <Zakim> ht, you wanted to say that sounds good

    ht: in the xhtml case, in practise, it is fine as bare names is what
    you will find

    <noah> I'd like to scribe that more carefully: I (Henry) >think<
    (but need to check) that the minimum conformance requirement for the
    XPointer framework is barenames

    <noah> From 3023bis:

    <noah> A family of specifications define fragment identifiers for
    XML media types. A modular syntax and semantics of fragment
    identifiers for the XML media types is as defined by the
    [XPointerFramework] (Grosso, P., Maler, E., Marsh, J., and N. Walsh,
    XPointer Framework, March 2003.) W3C Recommendation. It allows
    simple names, and more complex constructions based on named schemes.
    The syntax of a fragment identifier part of any URI or IRI with a
    retrieved media t

    <noah> Conformant applications MUST interpret such fragment
    identifiers as designating that part of the retrieved representation
    specified by [XPointerFramework] (Grosso, P., Maler, E., Marsh, J.,
    and N. Walsh, XPointer Framework, March 2003.) and whatever other
    specifications define any XPointer schemes

    <noah> Conformant applications MUST support the 'element' scheme as
    defined in [XPointerElement] (Grosso, P., Maler, E., Marsh, J., and
    N. Walsh, XPointer element() Scheme, March 2003.).

    noah: before we interpret the fragment, we need to ensure that the
    fragment is conformant to the expected syntax

    ht: SVG allows bare names as well?

    Yves: yes

    ht: as long as you have a xpointer implementation implementing
    barenames you are safe

    rfc2023bis is not saying that generic processing must support all
    xpointer schemes

    noah: ok to close 450?

    <noah> ACTION-449?

    <trackbot> ACTION-449 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule discussion of
    pushback on generic handling of fragment IDs in application/xxx+xml
    media types (self-assigned) -- due 2010-09-07 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/449

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/449

    Yves: yes, we still have to investigate on the RDF case

    <jar> +1 close action-450

    <noah> close ACTION-450

    <trackbot> ACTION-450 Investigate generic processing of svg+xml and
    XHTML+xml closed

Overdue Actions Items

    Goal is to start working on text during september teleconferences

    <noah> action-404 due 2010-09-15

    <trackbot> ACTION-404 Track HTML WG ISSUE-27 rel-ownership due date
    now 2010-09-15

    <noah> ACTION-341?

    <trackbot> ACTION-341 -- Yves Lafon to follow up with Thomas about
    security review activities for HTML5 -- due 2010-06-15 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/341

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/341

    <noah> YL: I started talking to TLR. They are waiting for HASMAT to
    start. Will ping him when he's available.

    <noah> ACTION-341 due 2010-09-01

    <trackbot> ACTION-341 Follow up with Thomas about security review
    activities for HTML5 due date now 2010-09-01

    <noah> ACTION-456?

    <trackbot> ACTION-456 -- Yves Lafon to locate past HTTP WG
    discussion on Location: A#B change, and make the TAG aware of it --
    due 2010-08-17 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/456

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/456

    <noah> ACTION-456 pending review

    <noah> ACTION-447?

    <trackbot> ACTION-447 -- Yves Lafon to coordinate TAG positions on
    media type related work with IETF, and to represent TAG at IETF
    meetings in Mastricht Due: 2010-07-20 -- due 2010-07-20 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/447

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/447

    <noah> YL: Maastricht has passed, and the pertinent meeting didn't
    line up with my travel.

    <noah> NM: Any followup needed?

    <noah> YL: There's the 3023bis discussion, and also fragment
    recombination

    <noah> NM: Has to do with redirection?

    <noah> YL: Yes. It's possible we would ask for a change in the mime
    registration template.

    <noah> YL: Nothing for the TAG to track right now, but we should
    have an action to keep in touch with IETF on mime types in general.
    Should be different action.

    <noah> close ACTION-447

    <trackbot> ACTION-447 Coordinate TAG positions on media type related
    work with IETF, and to represent TAG at IETF meetings in Mastricht
    Due: 2010-07-20 closed

    <noah> YL: There's also Larry's document on MIME on the Web

    <noah> ACTION: Noah to schedule discussion of followup actions for
    TAG to coordinate with IETF on MIME-type related activities
    [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2010/08/19-tagmem-minutes.html#action01]

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2010/08/19-tagmem-minutes.html#action01

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-458 - Schedule discussion of followup
    actions for TAG to coordinate with IETF on MIME-type related
    activities [on Noah Mendelsohn - due 2010-08-26].

    <noah> ACTION-458 due 2010-09-07

    <trackbot> ACTION-458 Schedule discussion of followup actions for
    TAG to coordinate with IETF on MIME-type related activities due date
    now 2010-09-07

    <noah> ACTION-430?

    <trackbot> ACTION-430 -- Ashok Malhotra to propose a plan for his
    contributions to section 5: Client-side state -- due 2010-06-15 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/430

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/430

    <noah> ACTION-442?

    <trackbot> ACTION-442 -- Ashok Malhotra to trya nd integrate NM and
    TVRs words into a coherent draft -- due 2010-06-16 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/442

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/442

    Ashok: need to incorporate comments

    <noah> NM: What you wrote was on 442, what we need is client side
    state like cookies, sql stores, etc.

    <noah> NM: Would really like to have substantive drafts in Sept, for
    discussion at Oct. F2f

    Ashok: got bullet points, like a TOC. I will send them out, if we
    can cooperate, that would be terrific

    <noah> ACTION-430 due 2010-09-09

    <trackbot> ACTION-430 Propose a plan for his contributions to
    section 5: Client-side state due date now 2010-09-09

    <noah> ACTION-442?

    <trackbot> ACTION-442 -- Ashok Malhotra to trya nd integrate NM and
    TVRs words into a coherent draft -- due 2010-06-16 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/442

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/442

    <noah> AM: I'll take Noah's comments and send out

    <noah> ACTION-442 due 2010-09-09

    <trackbot> ACTION-442 Trya nd integrate NM and TVRs words into a
    coherent draft due date now 2010-09-09

    <noah> ACTION-438?

    <trackbot> ACTION-438 -- Ashok Malhotra to comment to web storage
    guys: basically all of this is origin-based, but section 6.1 has a
    'may' -- is this a door being held open for CORS? -- due 2010-06-15
    -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/438

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/438

    <noah> AM: I sent it out, got some notes back saying "spec is what
    it is"

    Ashok: did it, got some notes back.

    <noah> close ACTION-438

    <trackbot> ACTION-438 Comment to web storage guys: basically all of
    this is origin-based, but section 6.1 has a 'may' -- is this a door
    being held open for CORS? closed

    <noah> ACTION-379?

    <trackbot> ACTION-379 -- Noah Mendelsohn to check whether HTML
    language reference has been published -- due 2010-08-17 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/379

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/379

    ACTION-455?

    <trackbot> ACTION-455 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule discussion on
    privacy workshop outcomes. -- due 2010-08-17 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/455

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/455

    <noah> action-455 due 2010-08-30

    <trackbot> ACTION-455 Schedule discussion on privacy workshop
    outcomes. due date now 2010-08-30

    waiting for DanA

    <noah> ACTION-381?

    <trackbot> ACTION-381 -- Jonathan Rees to spend 2 hours helping Ian
    with [26]http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/ -- due 2010-09-14 --
    OPEN

      [26] http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/

    <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/381

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/381

    <noah> ACTION-33?

    <trackbot> ACTION-33 -- Henry S. Thompson to revise naming
    challenges story in response to Dec 2008 F2F discussion -- due
    2010-07-15 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/33

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/33

    Henry: will work on actions this week

    <Zakim> jar, you wanted to discuss action 322

    <jar> action-322?

    <trackbot> ACTION-322 -- Dan Connolly to brief Science Commons
    counsel re forbidding hyperlinking -- due 2010-06-09 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/322

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/322

    we have to talk to the science common counsel before september.

    <noah> ACTION-322?

    <trackbot> ACTION-322 -- Dan Connolly to brief Science Commons
    counsel re forbidding hyperlinking -- due 2010-06-09 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [30]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/322

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/322

    <noah> ACTION-322?

    <trackbot> ACTION-322 -- Jonathan Rees to brief Science Commons
    counsel re forbidding hyperlinking -- due 2010-08-20 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/322

      [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/322

    <noah> ACTION-335?

    <trackbot> ACTION-335 -- Dan Connolly to remind us about data-* when
    progress on distributed extensibility next becomes available -- due
    2010-06-15 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/335

      [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/335

    jar: 335 should be folded into the new HTML/XML integration issue

    <noah> close ACTION-335

    <trackbot> ACTION-335 Remind us about data-* when progress on
    distributed extensibility next becomes available closed

    <jar> data-* is being taken up by html wg, yes? as one of the 5
    proposals?

    <noah> ACTION-436?

    <trackbot> ACTION-436 -- Dan Connolly to bring "Schemas for XHTML"
    inquiry to the attention of Michael Smith, HTML Activity Lead -- due
    2010-06-08 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [33]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/436

      [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/436

    <noah>
    [34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jun/0038.html

      [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jun/0038.html

    <noah> Mike Smith answered:

    <noah> Murata-san,

    <noah> Perhaps this is something you and I could meet face-to-face
    to

    <noah> discuss

    <noah> --Mike

    <noah> Shane McCarron wrote:

    <noah> Actually, the XHTML 2 Working Group already has this on our
    list of

    <noah> things to complete during our winding up. PLH has authorized

    <noah> publication of M12N and the related RNG specs for the XHTML
    family

    <noah> markup languages as far as I know. We have the work mostly
    completed.

    <noah> close ACTION-436

    <trackbot> ACTION-436 Bring "Schemas for XHTML" inquiry to the
    attention of Michael Smith, HTML Activity Lead closed

    any AOB?

    noah: needs a heads up from jar is the science common counsel can
    participate in next call

    ADJOURNED

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Noah to schedule discussion of followup actions for
    TAG to coordinate with IETF on MIME-type related activities
    [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2010/08/19-tagmem-minutes.html#action01]

      [35] http://www.w3.org/2010/08/19-tagmem-minutes.html#action01

    [End of minutes]

-- 
Baroula que barouleras, au tiéu toujou t'entourneras.

         ~~Yves
Received on Wednesday, 1 September 2010 13:49:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:25 GMT