XML base after redirection

From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 23:14:15 -0400
To: TAG List <www-tag@w3.org>
Looking at my action item to characterize the deductions made from HTTP responses in the tabulator library, I found these related questions:

1) If A redirects 301 "Moved" to B, what should be the XML base which is used to parse the representation returned from B?

2) If A redirects 302 "Found" to B, what should be the XML base which is used to parse the representation returned from B?

I assume everybody parses with B as the base.

One could make an argument that in the Found case, the original URI is the one everyone should use for the document, and so any self-reference ought also to apply to A, which is best served by
Example:  a canonical place for an ontology is redirected Found to a SVN store where the current
version of the ontology file is. That file says    in N3  <> dc:title "This is an ontology which...".

What do people thing about (a) logic and (b) current practice?

Tim