Re: ACTION-434: Some notes on organizing discussion on WebApps architecture

From: ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 14:38:10 -0700
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
CC: John Kemp <john@jkemp.net>, "Appelquist, Daniel, VF-Group" <Daniel.Appelquist@vodafone.com>, "jar@creativecommons.org" <jar@creativecommons.org>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
  Larry wrote:

"Well, I wonder if we might introduce another step between
"resource" and "representation" which is "application resource
in identified state", so that the representation isn't a
representation of the resource, but a representation of the
resource in that state."

Perhaps!  But how is the state indicated?  Either the URL changes or there is some other
information such as cookies.  We need to be explicit about this.

All the best, Ashok