W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > October 2010

Agenda for TAG F2F of October 19-21 2010

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:29:33 -0400
Message-ID: <4CB66B0D.8000802@arcanedomain.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
The agenda for the TAG F2F of 19-21 October 2010 is now available at [1] 
and in text-only form below.  This was prepared based on the requests and 
input available as of Tuesday, 12 October.  Since then, several additional 
requests have been received.  I will go through those tomorrow and try to 
accomodate as many as I can manage;  the rest we can deal with in person at 
the meeting.

One other thing I'd like TAG members to consider: this agenda is quite 
full.  It's been driven, to a significant degree, by specific requests I've 
received at one time or another;  these generally turn into actions of the 
form "Noah to schedule discussion of XXX at the October F2F".  That doesn't 
necessarily mean that these are the best priorities; for example, it may be 
that two sessions on Larry's MIME work and related topics would be a better 
use of time than some of the other things currently listed.  I am very open 
to suggestions on re-prioritizing, though I think we should select mostly 
from the items already listed.

Also: I will have some time to work on this tomorrow, Thursday, and then be 
more or less "off the air" with only occasional email access until the 
meeting.  I'll do my best to continue to process requests when I can, but 
no guarantees that I'll manage.

Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/19-agenda.html

    [1]W3C | [2]TAG

       [1] http://www.w3.org/
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/

      W3C TAG meeting 19-21 October 2010 in Mountain View, CA, USA

    Nearby: [3]issues list - [4]findings - [5]www-tag archive - [6]tag
    archive - Actions: ([7]open, [8]pending review) [9]logistics

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
       [5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
       [6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
       [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
       [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
       [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2010Oct/0015.html

Agenda Summary

    Tuesday 19 October
    Agenda
    08:30-9:00 Arrive & Set up. Please have your computers and network
    connections set up for a prompt start at 9AM.
    09:00-09:30
      * [10]Convene, review agenda

    09:30-10:30
      * [11]IETF Draft on Mime and the Web

    10:30-10:45 Break (15 mins)
    10:45-12:00
      * [12]HTML / XML Unification

    12:00-13:15 Lunch (75 mins)
    13:15-14:45
      * [13]Generic Processing of Fragids with Norm Walsh (phone) and
        Martin Duerst (in person)]

    14:45-15:15
      * [14]IRIEverywhere-27: Adam Barth E-mail Review

    15:15-15:30 Break (15 mins)
    15:30-16:30
      * [15]Administrative issues:
           + Future F2F meetings
           + TAG Election
           + TPAC Logistics

    Wednesday 20 October
    Agenda
    09:00-10:00
      * [16]Web Applications: Client-side State

    10:00-10:30
      * [17]Web Application Architecture: Overview

    10:30-11:00 Break (30 mins)
    11:00-12:15
      * [18]URNsAndRegistries-50: Domain Name Persistence

    12:15-13:30 Lunch (75 mins)
    13:30-16:30
      * [19]TAG hosts visitors (we may shorten this session depending on
        how many visitors join us)

    Thursday 21 October
    Agenda
    09:00-10:00
      * [20]metadataArchitecture-63: Metadata Architecture

    10:00-10:30
      * [21]IRIEverywhere-27: Status update on issue IRIEverywhere and
        IRIbis work at IETF

    10:30-10:45 Break (15 mins)
    10:45-noon
      * [22]Privacy on the Web

    noon-13:30 Lunch (90 mins)
    13:30-14:15
      * [23]Web Application Architecture: Design of APIs for Web
        Applications

    14:15-15:00
      * [24]HttpRedirections-57: Redirecting from secondary resource to
        secondary resource

    15:30-15:30 break (30 minutes)
    15:30-17:00
      * [25]Action item review
      * Any other business

Logistics

    Venue
           Google
           Mountain View, CA, USA (further details to be provided)

    See [26]logistics for further details.

      [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2010Oct/0015.html

Preparation

    See "(required reading)" annotations in agenda items below.

Agenda Details

     1. Convene, review agenda
           + Scribes: TAG members are encouraged to sign up by email in
             advance of the meeting
           + Roll call
           + F2F Main Goals:
                o Make progress on writing related to Web Application
                  Architecture
                o XML / HTML integration
                o Other technical topics
     2. [27]ISSUE-66 (mimeAndWeb-66-27): IETF Draft on MIME and the Web
           + Warning: Larry may update the draft prior to the F2F
           + Goal:
                o Review draft-masinter-mime-web-info-00 [28]Internet
                  Media Types and the Web (Required reading)
           + Background:
                o [29]ACTION-467: on - Larry Masinter - Revise Mime &
                  Web blog entry, perhaps leading to Internet Draft -
                  Due: 2010-09-21 - CLOSED
                o [30]ACTION-458: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
                  discussion of followup actions for TAG to coordinate
                  with IETF on MIME-type related activities - Due:
                  2010-09-28 - PENDING REVIEW
                o Larry writes: I've submitted the document to Internet
                  Drafts - - it should show up at
                  [31]http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masinter-mime-web
                  -info-00
                o [32]Previous version (blog posting).
                o During [33]discussion on 23 Sept. 2010 it was agreed
                  that TAG members would read
                  [34]http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masinter-mime-web
                  -info-00 and be prepared for detailed discussion
                  today.
                o [35]Discussion on 30 Sept. 2010
     3. [36]ISSUE-54 (TagSoupIntegration-54): HTML / XML Unification
           + Goals:
                o Review June 2010 TAG decision to endorse task to drive
                  reunification of XML and HTML
                o Work with Tim to decide most effective next steps on
                  his [37]ACTION-437
           + Background:
                o [38]Note from T.V. Raman
                o [39]ACTION-433: on - Tim Berners-Lee - Help Tim get in
                  touch with staff etc. re XML/HTML unification - Due:
                  2010-05-28 - CLOSED
                o [40]ACTION-427: on - John Kemp - Read 4 distributed
                  extensibility proposals and summarize them w.r.t.
                  proposals TAG has discussed to date - Due: 2010-11-01
                  - CLOSED
                o [41]ACTION-437: on - Tim Berners-Lee - Create a task
                  force on XML / HTML convergence - Due: 2010-06-14 -
                  OPEN
                o Discussion on 7 June 2010 F2F: [42]"TAG recommends the
                  formation of a task force to drive the reunification
                  of XML and HTML"
                o [43]HTML/XHTML Compatibility Authoring Guidelines
                  (draft from HTML WG)
                o [44]September/October 2010 HMTL WG poll on distributed
                  extensibility
                o [45]TAG endorses "like SVG" extension mechanism for
                  HTML5
     4. [46]ISSUE-39 (rdfURIMeaning-39-27): Generic Fragment ID
        Processing
           + The TAG developed a [47]change proposal for RFC 3023bis at
             the June TAG 2010 F2F (London). Several commentators
             expressed concern with the TAG's proposal, and we
             [48]promised to take up these concerns in Sept.. We had
             some [49]discussion on 16 Sept. 2010, but that was not
             conclusive.
           + Earlier actions:
                o [50]ACTION-449: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
                  discussion of pushback on generic handling of fragment
                  IDs in application/xxx+xml media types (self-assigned)
                  - Due: 2010-09-16 - CLOSED
                o [51]ACTION-450: on - Yves Lafon - Investigate generic
                  processing of svg+xml and XHTML+xml - Due: 2010-07-01
                  - CLOSED
                o [52]ACTION-453: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Let 3023bis
                  folks know that we are aiming to resolve generic
                  processing concerns in Sept, after Larry returns. -
                  Due: 2010-09-16 - CLOSED
           + Earlier technical discussion:
                o [53]Concerns expressed by Norm Walsh and others
                  regarding [54]TAG Proposal on Generic processing of
                  Fragment IDs for +xml formats
                o [55]Discussion on 24 June 2010, [56]discussion on 15
                  July, [57]19 August 2010, and [58]16 September 2010.
                o [59]Email from Larry Masinter and thread following
                  from that
                o Email: [60]fragment processing for SVG, from Yves
                  Lafon.
                o [61]Discussion on 30 September 2010
           + [62]ACTION-466: on - Larry Masinter - Ask Norm, Roy and
             Martin for concrete use cases where generic processing of
             fragment ids is important - Due: 2010-10-12 - OPEN
           + Larry sent a [63]message to Norm, Roy, et. al.; no
             responses received yet, what's next?
     5. [64]ISSUE-27 (IRIEverywhere-27): Adam Barth E-mail Review
           + Goal:
                o Discuss [65]Adam Barth email "Change proposal for
                  (HTML WG) ISSUE - 56"
           + Background:
                o [66]ACTION-448: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
                  discussion of
                  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Ju
                  n/0394.html on 26 August (followup to 24 June and 12
                  August discussion) - Due: 2010-10-12 - PENDING REVIEW
                o Previous discussion [67]on 24 June 2010, [68]12 August
                  2010, and [69]2 September 2010
     6. Privacy on the Web
           + Goals:
                o Consider implications of recent developments relating
                  to Web privacy and HTML5
                o Consider [70]TAG involvement or input to upcoming
                  privacy workshop
                o Consider TAG Finding on Privacy
           + Background:
                o Required reading: [71]Email thread on "Evercookies"
                o Additional reading: New York Times Article [72]New Web
                  Code Draws Concern Over Privacy Risks (registration
                  required)
                o [73]ACTION-460: on - Daniel Appelquist - Coordinate
                  with IAB regarding next steps on privacy policy - Due:
                  2010-10-12 - OPEN
                o [74]ACTION-470: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Ask Thomas
                  about TAG involvement in privacy workshop - Due:
                  2010-09-30 - CLOSED ([75]Email from Noah to Thomas
                  Roessler
     7. [76]ISSUE-63 (metadataArchitecture-63): Metadata Architecture
           + Goals:
                o Discuss new writing on metadata (to be supplied)
                o Consider next steps on metadata
           + Background:
                o Required reading: [77]Larry Masinter's suggested list
                  of readings on metadata
                o [78]ACTION-282: on - Jonathan Rees - Draft a finding
                  on metadata architecture. - Due: 2010-10-21 - OPEN
                o [79]Telcon discussion on 16 September 2010 (note that
                  F2F discussion is requested
     8. [80]Web Application Architecture: Overview
           + Goals:
                o Make a clearer plan for the content, form, and
                  expected publication date of TAG deliverables relating
                  to Web Applications
           + Background:
                o [81]ACTION-434: on - Daniel Appelquist - Prepare
                  discussion of structure of what we want to do about
                  web apps architecture... - Due: 2010-10-18 - OPEN
                o May 2010 notes from DanA on ACTION-434: [82]Web
                  Application Architecture (these were prepared for the
                  June 2010 F2F
     9. [83]Web Application Architecture: Client-side state
           + Goals:
                o Review and refine Ashok Malhotra's writeup on
                  client-side state
                o Decide whether the TAG wants to produce a Finding on
                  issues relating to client side state (note that the
                  discussion of privacy and Evercookies is related, but
                  the "state" discussion is broader than just privacy
                  concerns)
           + Background:
                o Required readding: [84]Client-side Storage by Ashok
                  Malhotra ([85]announcement of draft availability)
                o [86]ACTION-430: on - Ashok Malhotra - Propose a plan
                  for his contributions to section 5: Client-side state
                  - Due: 2010-09-09 - OPEN
    10. [87]Web Application Architecture: Design of APIs for Web
        Applications
           + Goals:
                o Review and refine Dan Appelquists' writeup on API
                  design
                o Decide whether the TAG wants to produce a Finding on
                  Design of APIs for Web Applications
           + Background:
                o Required reading: Dan Appelquist writeup on API Design
                  - To Be Supplied
                o [88]ACTION-461: on - Daniel Appelquist - Draft
                  "finding" on Web Apps API design - Due: 2010-10-31 -
                  OPEN
    11. [89]ISSUE-50 (URNsAndRegistries-50): Domain name persistence
           + Goals:
                o Consider Jonathan Rees' latest work on hyperlink
                  persistence (if available)
                o Decide next steps, if any, for TAG work on hyperlink
                  persistence
           + Background:
                o Required reading: Jonathan is hoping to have some
                  writing for us to consider
                o [90]ACTION-444: on - Jonathan Rees - Draft a white
                  paper on link persistence - Due: 2010-10-11 - OPEN
                o [91]ACTION-414: on - Henry S. Thompson - Prepare a
                  draft agenda, including goals and means, for a
                  proposed afternoon session with invited guests, and
                  circulate for discussion prior to a decision, on the
                  subject of addressing the persistence of domain names
                  - Due: 2010-06-01 - CLOSED
                o [92]June 2010 F2F discussion of domain name
                  persistence
    12. [93]ISSUE-57 (HttpRedirections-57): Redirecting from secondary
        resource to secondary resource
           + Goals:
                o Decide what the "right answer" is when A#B is
                  redirected to C#D
                o Decide what the TAG should do to promote good practice
                  regarding such redirections
           + Background:
                o [94]ACTION-462: on - Yves Lafon - Write draft of best
                  practices on redirection for secondary resources (with
                  help from Tim) - Due: 2010-10-05 - PENDING REVIEW
                o Required reading: [95]Email from Yves Lafon on
                  redirection of secondary resources and thread
                  following from that.
                o [96]ACTION-456: on - Yves Lafon - Locate past HTTP WG
                  discussion on Location: A#B change, and make the TAG
                  aware of it - Due: 2010-08-17 - CLOSED
                o Email from Yves: [97]Fragments in HTTP redirects
                o [98]Technical discussion on 12 August, and [99]2
                  September 2010
    13. [100]ISSUE-27 (IRIEverywhere-27): Status update on issue
        IRIEverywhere and IRIbis work at IETF
           + Goals:
                o On 2 Sept. 2010, Henry Thompson [101]requested a F2F
                  update on IRI
           + Background:
                o [102]ACTION-459: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule F2F
                  discussion of IRIbis status and Larry's proposal -
                  Due: 2010-10-05 - OPEN
                o [103]ACTION-410: on - Larry Masinter - Let the TAG
                  know whether and when the IRIEverywhere plan in HTML
                  WG went as planned - Due: 2010-11-01 - OPEN
    14. TAG Hosts Visitors:
           + We will hold discussions with several visitors who are
             working on technologies of particular interest to the TAG.
    15. Administrative issues:
           + TAG election
           + Future TAG F2F meetings
                o Decide Winter TAG F2F location and dates
                o Plan for Lyon TPAC participation
    16. Action item review:
           + [104]Pending review actions in [105]Tracker
           + [106]Overdue actions in [107]Tracker
           + [108]Open actions in [109]Tracker
      _________________________________________________________

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/66
      [28] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-masinter-mime-web-info-00.html
      [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/467
      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/458
      [31] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masinter-mime-web-info-00
      [32] http://masinter.blogspot.com/2010/06/mime-and-web.html
      [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/23-minutes#item05
      [34] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masinter-mime-web-info-00
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/30-minutes.html#item05
      [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/54
      [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/437
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/05/WebApps.html
      [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/433
      [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/427
      [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/437
      [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/19-agenda
      [43] 
http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-xhtml-author-guide/html-xhtml-authoring-guide.html
      [44] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-41-objection-poll/results
      [45] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0034.html
      [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/39
      [47] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jun/0125.html
      [48] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Aug/0003.html
      [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/16-minutes#item06
      [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/449
      [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/450
      [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/453
      [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/19-agenda
      [54] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jun/0125.html
      [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/24-minutes#item03
      [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/07/15-tagmem-minutes#item04
      [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/08/19-minutes#item06
      [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/16-minutes#item06
      [59] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Aug/0034.html
      [60] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Aug/0015.html
      [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/30-minutes.html#item08
      [62] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/466
      [63] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Sep/0044.html
      [64] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/27
      [65] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/19-agenda
      [66] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/448
      [67] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/24-minutes#item02
      [68] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/08/12-minutes#item04
      [69] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/02-minutes.html#item00
      [70] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2010Sep/0050.html
      [71] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Sep/0038.html
      [72] http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/11/business/media/11privacy.html
      [73] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/460
      [74] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/470
      [75] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2010Sep/0050.html
      [76] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/63
      [77] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0065.html
      [78] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/282
      [79] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/16-minutes.html#item05
      [80] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/products/7
      [81] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/434
      [82] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/05/web-apps-notes.html
      [83] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/products/7
      [84] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/ClientSideStorage.html
      [85] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0001.html
      [86] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/430
      [87] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/products/7
      [88] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/461
      [89] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/50
      [90] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/444
      [91] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/414
      [92] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/07-minutes.html#item04
      [93] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57
      [94] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/462
      [95] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0003.html
      [96] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/456
      [97] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Aug/0014.html
      [98] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/08/12-minutes#item06
      [99] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/02-minutes.html#item03
     [100] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/27
     [101] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/02-minutes.html#item00
     [102] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/459
     [103] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/410
     [104] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [105] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [106] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [107] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [108] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
     [109] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


     Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
     $Revision: 1.14 $ of $Date: 2010/10/14 02:21:11 $

        [110]Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional     [111]Valid CSS!

     [110] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
     [111] http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/check/referer
Received on Thursday, 14 October 2010 02:30:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:28 GMT