Re: Generic processing of Fragment IDs in RFC 3023bis

Jonathan,

I think the muddle you mention is historically justfied ... the original rdf:ID
(http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-rdf-syntax-19990222/, section 2.2.1) was just ID,
and it was intended to be the same as the XML ID as defining a fragment.

This constraint has been carried forward in slightly modified form in the later
RDF/XML spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax/#constraint-id

#g