Re: Persistence - yes, people do forget to renew

From: Eric J. Bowman <eric@bisonsystems.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 21:06:02 -0700
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Cc: TAG List <www-tag@w3.org>
Another persistence issue would be the US government's seizure of
domain names, cleverly timed to coincide with a long holiday:

"My domain has been seized without any previous complaint or notice
from any court!"

Note the utter lack of due process -- property is seized on the basis of
suspicion, not conviction; no actual copyright infringement required.
Aside from the lack of legal justification here, I find nothing in
ICANN's bylaws granting them the authority to take such action; this
secret policy change appears to have violated Article III Section 6:

Unless I'm missing something?