W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > May 2010

Preparation for this week's TAG teleconference: F2F Agenda Preparation

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 10:41:05 -0400
Message-ID: <4BF3F881.4050006@arcanedomain.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
In just a minute I will send out the agenda for this week's TAG 
teleconference.  The top priority for the call will be to work on the 
agenda for the June F2F.

As input to that, I have prepared a note [1] with my first cut at 
priorities, including a categorization of all open and pending review 
issues (as of last night).  In preparation for tomorrow's call, I ask 
that all TAG members (if you have time on short notice):

* Review the note at [1].
* Think about open and pending review actions for which you are 
responsible, and be prepared to make commitments as to what sort of 
preparation you'll have done in time for the F2F
* Be ready with suggestions for how to re-prioritize, and generally how 
to make a more effective agenda.

I think the HTML format at [1] is most convenient, as you can hyperlink 
to the actions themselves, but for those who prefer text a text-only 
copy is attached below.  Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/f2factionplan_nomarkup.html


Notes on TAG June 2010 F2F Agenda

This draft: 18 May 2010

This version is a rough initial cut intended for discussion by the TAG
on its teleconference of 20 May 2010. TAG members are encouraged to
review the following in advance of the call, to provide suggestions in
email and/or to be ready with proposals for suggested changes during the
telcon.

===========
Main themes
===========

The proposed main themes for the F2F are:

     * Architecture of Web Applications: progress on draft findings
     * HTML / XML Reunification (there are no actions associated with
       this, but we will schedule discussion)
     * Action items

===================================
Proposed Action Item Prioritization
===================================

The following subsections attempt to group action items that are open or
pending review into the following classifications, in order by priority:

    1. Actions that the chair believes might contribute to publication(s)
       on the architecture of Web applications are given top priority
    2. Of the remaining actions, the chair has selected some that appear
       to definitely require discussion, and those are listed next.
    3. The remaining two groups cover actions that will be discussed on a
       time-available basis, and those that the chair proposes not to
       discuss.

Notes: these actions were current as of the evening of 18 May, and their
status will likely change before the F2F. Also, some actions are
included, for now, even if completion is not promised ahead of the F2F;
this is just so we can review and reconfirm that the post-F2F dates are
appropriate.


 >>> Top priority actions at F2F: Writing on Architeture of Web Applications

This section gathers actions that are, or may be, contributing to new
writings on the architecture of Web applications.

     * ACTION-355 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/355>:
       on - John Kemp - Explore the degree to which AWWW and associated
       findings tell the interaction story for Web Applications - Due:
       2010-06-13 - OPEN (I know this isn't due until after the F2F, but
       minutes of 13 May 2010
       <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/05/13-minutes#item04> say: johnk:
       busy, hoping to make progress before f2f (it will be close);
       ashok: JohnK and I will talk & then provide f2f agenda input.)
     * ACTION-382 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/382>:
       on - Larry Masinter - Review Web Arch web material and make
       proposals for changes or TAG action - Due: 2010-03-07 - OPEN
     * ACTION-412 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/412>:
       on - Dan Connolly - Try the clarification question, blog item, or
       wiki approach to metadata-in-uris vs CSRF - Due: 2010-05-17 - OPEN
     * ACTION-416 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/416>:
       on - John Kemp - Work on diagrams in "From Server-side to
       client-side" section of webapps material - Due: 2010-06-06 - OPEN
     * ACTION-417 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/417>:
       on - John Kemp - Frame section 7, security - Due: 2010-06-06 - OPEN
     * ACTION-422 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/422>:
       on - T.V. Raman - Examine the current text of his client state
       finding and update appropriately with Noah's email from ACTION-353
       - Due: 2010-04-02 -
     * ACTION-424 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/424>:
       on - Larry Masinter - Start discussion on www-tag about additional
       finding/web architecture around MIME types in web architecture,
       updating existing findings - Due: 2010-04-08 -
     * ACTION-425 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/425>:
       on - Larry Masinter - Draft updated MIME finding(s), with help
       from DanA, based on www-tag discussion - Due: 2010-05-31 - OPEN
     * ACTION-430 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/430>:
       on - Ashok Malhotra - Propose a plan for his contributions to
       section 5: Client-side state - Due: 2010-05-20 - OPEN
     * ACTION-432 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/432>:
       on - Noah Mendelsohn - Review client state finding update w.r.t.
       maps case - Due: 2010-05-18 -


 >>>  Actions that will be scheduled for discussion

     * ACTION-201 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/201>:
       on - Jonathan Rees - Report on status of AWWSW discussions - Due:
       2010-05-31 - OPEN
     * ACTION-414 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/414>:
       on - Henry S. Thompson - Prepare a draft agenda, including goals
       and means, for a proposed afternoon session with invited guests,
       and circulate for discussion prior to a decision, on the subject
       of addressing the persistence of domain names - Due: 2010-05-17 - 
OPEN
     * ACTION-427 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/427>:
       on - John Kemp - Read 4 distributed extensibility proposals and
       summarize them w.r.t. proposals TAG has discussed to date - Due:
       2010-05-13 - OPEN
     * ACTION-429 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/429>:
       on - Noah Mendelsohn - Work on arrangements for a TAG F2F,
       probably @ Google early Oct (self-assigned) - Due: 2010-06-01 - OPEN


 >>>   Optional: these actions will be scheduled if there is time and
       interest

     * ACTION-33 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/33>: on
       - Henry S. Thompson - revise naming challenges story in response
       to Dec 2008 F2F discussion - Due: 2010-06-01 - OPEN
     * ACTION-113 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/113>:
       on - Henry S. Thompson - HT to a) revise composition.pdf to take
       account of suggestions from Tim & Jonathan and feedback from email
       and b) produce a new version of the Elaborated Infoset finding,
       possibly incorporating some of the PDF - Due: 2010-07-05 - OPEN
     * ACTION-280 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/280>:
       on - Dan Connolly - (with John K) to enumerate some CSRF scenarios
       discussed in Jun in Cambridge - Due: 2010-05-18 - OPEN
     * ACTION-282 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/282>:
       on - Jonathan Rees - Draft a finding on metadata architecture. -
       Due: 2010-05-31 - OPEN
     * ACTION-341 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/341>:
       on - Noah Mendelsohn - Follow up with Thomas about security review
       activities for HTML5 - Due: 2010-05-18 - OPEN
     * ACTION-342 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/342>:
       on - Noah Mendelsohn - ask the TAG again about more formally
       tracking security issues in HTML5 - Due: 2010-05-18 - OPEN
     * ACTION-357 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/357>:
       on - Henry S. Thompson - Elaborate the DPD proposal to address
       comments from #xmlnames and tag f2f discussion of 2009-12-10,
       particularly wrt integration with XML specs and wrt motivation -
       Due: 2010-05-17 - OPEN
     * ACTION-370 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/370>:
       on - Henry S. Thompson - HST to send a revised-as-amended version
       of http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Dec/0068.html
       to the HTTP bis list on behalf of the TAG - Due: 2010-05-17 - OPEN
     * ACTION-386 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/386>:
       on - Larry Masinter - Review draft-barth-sniff and send comments,
       cc TAG - Due: 2010-04-08 -
     * ACTION-387 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/387>:
       on - Henry S. Thompson - Review JK/NM's stuff on sniffing,
       authoritative metadata, self-describing web, incl.
       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jan/0025.html -
       Due: 2010-05-20 -
     * ACTION-390 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/390>:
       on - Daniel Appelquist - Review ISSUE-58 and suggest next steps,
       due 2010-03-03 - Due: 2010-05-18 - OPEN
     * ACTION-404 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/404>:
       on - Dan Connolly - Track HTML WG ISSUE-27 rel-ownership - Due:
       2010-05-27 - OPEN
     * ACTION-410 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/410>:
       on - Larry Masinter - Let the TAG know that the IRIEverywhere plan
       in HTML WG went as planned - Due: 2010-04-13 - OPEN
     * ACTION-421 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/421>:
       on - Henry S. Thompson - Frame the discussion of EXI deployment at
       a future meeting - Due: 2010-05-31 - OPEN


 >>>   Actions that will not be scheduled for F2F discussion

     * ACTION-23 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/23>: on
       - Henry S. Thompson - track progress of #int bug 1974 in the XML
       Schema namespace document in the XML Schema WG - Due: 2010-07-05 -
       OPEN
     * ACTION-116 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/116>:
       on - Tim Berners-Lee - Align the tabulator internal vocabulary
       with the vocabulary in the rules
       http://esw.w3.org/topic/AwwswDboothsRules, getting changes to
       either as needed. - Due: 2010-06-17 - OPEN
     * ACTION-121 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/121>:
       on - Henry S. Thompson - HT to draft TAG input to review of draft
       ARK RFC - Due: 2010-07-05 - OPEN
     * ACTION-213 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/213>:
       on - Noah Mendelsohn - Prepare 20 May weekly teleconference agenda
       - Due: 2010-05-18 - OPEN
     * ACTION-302 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/302>:
       on - Noah Mendelsohn - Raise (as individual issue) question of 3
       words "other applicable specifictions" in 3.2.1 (3.3.1) of HTML 5
       - Due: 2010-06-15 - OPEN
     * ACTION-322 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/322>:
       on - Dan Connolly - Ask W3C management for writing resources re
       hyperlinking - Due: 2010-05-13 - OPEN
     * ACTION-335 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/335>:
       on - Dan Connolly - Remind us about data-* when progress on
       distributed extensibility next becomes available - Due: 2010-05-18
       - OPEN
     * ACTION-340 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/340>:
       on - John Kemp - summarize recent discussion around XHR and UMP -
       Due: 2010-05-13 - OPEN
     * ACTION-344 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/344>:
       on - Jonathan Rees - Alert TAG chair when CORS and/or UMP goes to
       LC - Due: 2010-05-17 - OPEN
     * ACTION-350 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/350>:
       on - Henry S. Thompson - Revise
       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Oct/0075.html
       based on feedback on www-tag and the feedback from TAG f2f
       2009-12-09 discussion - Due: 2010-07-05 - OPEN
     * ACTION-363 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/363>:
       on - Jonathan Rees - Inform SemWeb CG about market developments
       around webfinger and metadata access, and investigate relationship
       to RDFa and linked data - Due: 2010-05-17 - OPEN
     * ACTION-368 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/368>:
       on - Dan Connolly - Write up version change ontology as blog item
       - Due: 2010-06-03 - OPEN
     * ACTION-379 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/379>:
       on - Larry Masinter - Check whether HTML language reference has
       been published - Due: 2010-03-24 -
     * ACTION-381 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/381>:
       on - Jonathan Rees - Spend 2 hours helping Ian with
       http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/ - Due: 2010-05-27 - OPEN
     * ACTION-403 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/403>:
       on - Noah Mendelsohn - Ensure that TAG responds to Murata Makoto's
       request for RelaxNG Schemas for XHTML (self-assigned) - Due:
       2010-05-11 -
     * ACTION-409 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/409>:
       on - Henry S. Thompson - Run Larry's plan for closing
       IRIEverywhere by the XML Core WG - Due: 2010-05-20 -
     * ACTION-411 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/411>:
       on - Larry Masinter - Take the next step on announcing
       IRIEverywhere - Due: 2010-04-13 - OPEN
     * ACTION-433 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/433>:
       on - Dan Connolly - Help Tim get in touch with staff etc. re
       XML/HTML unification - Due: 2010-05-28 - OPEN
Received on Wednesday, 19 May 2010 14:41:40 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:20 GMT