W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > May 2010

Re: Minutes for 13 May TAG meeting

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 14:36:07 -0400
Message-ID: <AANLkTinJnvEDrKkpQDuaEurxLpMpF-w9RZcpUGpBdfWQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: www-tag@w3.org
Draft minutes of our 13 May 2010 telecon are at
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/05/13-minutes and in plain text below.

I didn't record any regrets - were there any?

Best
Jonathan

--------------------------------------------------------

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                              TAG Weekly

13 May 2010

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/05/13-agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/05/13-tagmem-irc

Attendees

   Present
          DKA, Jonathan_Rees, DanC, Noah_Mendelsohn, John_Kemp,
          Ashok_Malhotra

   Regrets

   Chair
          Noah Mendelsohn

   Scribe
          Jonathan Rees

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Convene
         2. [6]Minutes
         3. [7]Administrative items
         4. [8]Overdue Action Items
         5. [9]XHTML Basic 1.1
         6. [10]Overdue Action Items
         7. [11]W3C Vision
         8. [12]HTML 5 review
         9. [13]Logic terminology for httpSemantics
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: Jonathan Rees

   <scribe> scribenick: jar

   <DanC> fixed regrets in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/05/06-minutes Date: 2010/05/13
   17:03:35

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/05/06-minutes

Convene

   F2F regrets JohnK, DanC, Raman

Minutes

   noah: they look ok

   RESOLUTION: approve
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/05/06-minutes

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/05/06-minutes

Administrative items

   (Dan A with info about the F2F)

   (discussion of ash cloud)

Overdue Action Items

   <DanC> action-352?

   <trackbot> ACTION-352 -- John Kemp to integrate whiteboard drawings
   into a prose document about ways to distribute applications -- due
   2010-05-06 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/352

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/352

   action-352?

   <trackbot> ACTION-352 -- John Kemp to integrate whiteboard drawings
   into a prose document about ways to distribute applications -- due
   2010-05-06 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/352

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/352

   johnk: Is integrated into document that Ashok is preparing

   <noah> [19]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/04/22-minutes#item08

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/04/22-minutes#item08

   <johnk> ACTION-416?

   <trackbot> ACTION-416 -- John Kemp to work on diagrams in "From
   Server-side to client-side" section of webapps material -- due
   2010-06-06 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/416

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/416

   <noah> <DanC> action-352?

   <noah> <trackbot> ACTION-352 -- John Kemp to integrate whiteboard
   drawings into a prose document about ways to distribute applications
   -- due 2010-03-08 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <noah> <trackbot>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/352

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/352

   <noah> <Ashok> I cannot cahnge the access right -- needs team
   priviledges

   <noah> <noah> John, should we close 352

   <noah> <DanC> john, NM thinks maybe it's just an admin error that
   352 isn't closed

   <noah> <noah> should we have closed it at the F2F?

   <noah> <johnk__> I did ACTION-352, but, at the F2F we decided to
   keep the action open

   <noah>
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/03/web-apps-taxonomy/web-apps-ta
   xonomy.html

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/03/web-apps-taxonomy/web-apps-taxonomy.html

   <DanC> action-352:
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/04/WebApps.html

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/04/WebApps.html

   <trackbot> ACTION-352 Integrate whiteboard drawings into a prose
   document about ways to distribute applications notes added

   noah: JohnK please add link & then close 352

   <DanC> close action-352

   <trackbot> ACTION-352 Integrate whiteboard drawings into a prose
   document about ways to distribute applications closed

   <DanC> action-352: see action-416 for follow-up

   <trackbot> ACTION-352 Integrate whiteboard drawings into a prose
   document about ways to distribute applications notes added

   johnk: busy, hoping to make progress before f2f (it will be close)

   <johnk> ACTION-355?

   <trackbot> ACTION-355 -- John Kemp to explore the degree to which
   AWWW and associated findings tell the interaction story for Web
   Applications -- due 2010-05-08 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/355

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/355

   ashok: JohnK and I will talk & then provide f2f agenda input

   <johnk> ACTION-355: due + 1 month

   <trackbot> ACTION-355 Explore the degree to which AWWW and
   associated findings tell the interaction story for Web Applications
   notes added

   <DanC> ACTION-355 due + 1 month

   <trackbot> ACTION-355 Explore the degree to which AWWW and
   associated findings tell the interaction story for Web Applications
   due date now + 1 month

   <DanC> action-390?

   <trackbot> ACTION-390 -- Daniel Appelquist to review ISSUE-58 and
   suggest next steps, due 2010-03-03 -- due 2010-04-29 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/390

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/390

XHTML Basic 1.1

   <DKA> ACTION-420?

   <trackbot> ACTION-420 -- Daniel Appelquist to what is different
   about xhtml basic 1.1 (in particular re: namespaces) -- due
   2010-04-29 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/420

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/420

   <DKA>
   [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010May/0032.html

     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010May/0032.html

   dka: Sent email re 420 today

   <DanC> (trying to remember why we wanted DKA to do this... context:
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/03/26-minutes.html#item06 )

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/03/26-minutes.html#item06

   dka: I'll send email about differences between XHTML strict and
   XHTML basic

   close ACTION-420

   <trackbot> ACTION-420 What is different about xhtml basic 1.1 (in
   particular re: namespaces) closed

   <DKA> ACTION-390?

Overdue Action Items

   <trackbot> ACTION-390 -- Daniel Appelquist to review ISSUE-58 and
   suggest next steps, due 2010-03-03 -- due 2010-04-29 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/390

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/390

   <DanC> issue-58?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-58 -- Scalability of URI Access to Resources --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [30]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/58

     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/58

   <DanC> action-413?

   <trackbot> ACTION-413 -- Dan Connolly to suggest a path thru some
   logic terminology that might speed up httpSemantics discussions --
   due 2010-05-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/413

     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/413

W3C Vision

   <noah> ACTION-431?

   <DanC> . close action-431

   action-431?

   <trackbot> ACTION-431 -- Ashok Malhotra to contact Jeff/PLH
   regarding particiapation in W3C core mission TF -- due 2010-05-13 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/431

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/431

   dka: Would like to participate. Will contact JJ

HTML 5 review

   noah: availability of schemas - let's take this up when Larry's here

   <noah> action-413?

   <noah> action-413?

   <trackbot> ACTION-413 -- Dan Connolly to suggest a path thru some
   logic terminology that might speed up httpSemantics discussions --
   due 2010-05-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [33]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/413

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/413

Logic terminology for httpSemantics

   [34]http://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dfhtjfgw_9chw68rcm

     [34] http://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dfhtjfgw_9chw68rcm

   <noah> NM: Author is you, DanC?

   <noah> DC: Yes.

   danc: At the F2F there was an objection to the FOL presentation
   around ambiguity
   ... and JAR and I said if you just took the usual FOL approach the
   confusion is dispelled (ambiguity is inherent and controlled)

   (danc going through slides)

   noah: A few more words around slide 8 please?
   ... slide 12: Can you tell me why we speak of constants separately
   from the things in D?
   ... ok, constants are symbols, while D contains domain elements
   ("real things")

   <DKA> doesn't (~M(x) | D(x))) imply that anything that is not a man
   does not die?

   <DKA> Note: Provenance incubator group working on provenance - worth
   getting a report on that? [35]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/

     [35] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/

   danc: JAR said, ambiguity is what happens when there's more than one
   satisfying interpretation, and that's almost always
   ... if only I could get TimBL to stipulate that

   <DanC> ... then I'd understand Tim's position better

   <DanC> (fwiw, records of the genesis of this action
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/03/25-minutes.html#item03x )

     [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/03/25-minutes.html#item03x

   close action-413

   <trackbot> ACTION-413 Suggest a path thru some logic terminology
   that might speed up httpSemantics discussions closed

   <DanC> no, (~M(x) | D(x))) does not imply that anything that is not
   a man does not die. ~F|G and ~F do not imply ~G.

   <DanC> provenance IG is an interesting idea; maybe I'll have a look
   around there

   ADJOURNED

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [37]scribe.perl version 1.133
    ([38]CVS log)
    $Date: 2010/05/18 18:28:57 $

     [37] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [38] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 18 May 2010 18:36:41 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:20 GMT