Re: XBL2 as HTML5's extensibility mechanism (was Re: HTML 5 integration of SVG and MathML addresses ISSUE-33/mixedUIXMLNamespace-33?)

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 11:32:07 +0100
Cc: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, www-tag@w3.org, liam@w3.org
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
On Mar 3, 2010, at 21:19 , Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 13:15 +0000, Robin Berjon wrote:
> [...]
>> So, is there any reason why we can't just dub XBL2 as HTML5's
>> extensibility mechanism and declare victory?
>
> Is there a critical mass of support? Are implementors
> happy to do their part in deploying it?

It's hard to tell. Whenever I speak with implementers it's always on their TODO list, but somehow it never seems to reach maturity. There certainly was a lot of support while the WebAPI WG was working on the draft. I won't presume to say why it is being delayed though  that might something to ask them within the HTML5 context.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/