W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > February 2010

Agenda for TAG teleconference of 25 February 2010

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:45:24 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF45C3A317.AD9D29CD-ON852576D5.000EA713-852576D5.000ED24D@lotus.com>
The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 25 February 2010 is now available 
at [1,2], and in text-only form below.

Please note that agenda item 6 is a discussion of what each TAG member 
proposes to prepare for the upcoming F2F, so please give that some thought 
before the teleconference.  Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly

[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/02/25-agenda


--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: : [3]4 February 2010 Next: 4 March 2010

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/02/04-agenda


             Agenda of 25 February 2010 TAG Teleconference

   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list ([6]handling new
   issues) - [7]open actions - [8]Pending Review Actions - [9]www-tag
   archive - [10]tag archive
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Noah Scribe: Dan Appelquist (confirmed)
          + Roll call -- Regrets: none
          + Future regrets: none
          + Agenda Review - [11]this agenda
          + Next Meeting: 4 March 2010 Chair: Noah Mendelsohn
          + Future scribes: Dan Connolly -> Jonathan Rees -> Larry
            Masinter
    2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
          + [12]18 February 2010
    3. Administrative items
          + Reminder that agenda requests for the F2F are due no later
            than 8 March 2010. The chair will be unavailable the week
            of 15 March, and will therefore be targeting 12 March for a
            near-final F2F agenda (reading materials will be accepted
            until 15 March)
          + The chair will soon be preparing a written TAG status
            report to Advisory Committee. This will be based on a
            review of our work since the last report — TAG members with
            input for the report are encouraged to provide it to the
            chair soon.
    4. [13]ISSUE-33 & [14]ACTION-332: Mixing SVG & MathML in HTML 5
          + [15]ACTION-332: on Dan Connolly: Note that the HTML 5 spec
            has a proposed design for mixing in SVG and MathML, which
            is said to be the scope of IsSUE-33 mixedUIXMLNamespace-33
            - due 2010-02-25 - pending review
          + [16]Email from Dan asking for TAG member comments on the
            design proposed for HTML 5 (note, this email was sent in
            early Nov., 2009)
    5. [17]ISSUE-41 & [18]ACTION-395: TAG Response on HTML
       Decentralized extensibility
          + Maceij Stachowiak [19]note to public-html soliciting change
            proposals for Decentralized Extensibility: While our drafts
            include a number of extensibility mechanisms, there have
            been many suggestions for additional extensibility
            mechanisms. Some WG members have expressed their eagerness
            to write up their ideas more formally and move forwad on
            this issue. Per the decision policy, at this time the
            chairs would like to solicit volunteers to write Change
            Proposals...If no Change Proposals are written by March 23,
            2010 this issue I.e. [20]HTML WG ISSUE 41 ... Noah] will
            be closed without prejudice. . [Note that this target date
            is one day before the start of the TAG's March F2F
            meeting.]
          + [21]ACTION-395: on Noah Mendelsohn - Guide TAG to a
            response on HTML decentralized extensibility
            (self-assigned) - due 2010-03-23 - open
          + [22]ACTION-335: on Dan Connolly: to Remind us about data-*
            when progress on distributed extensibility next becomes
            available - due 2010-03-15, open
          + [23]ACTION-357: on Henry S. Thompson to Elaborate the DPD
            proposal to address comments from #xmlnames and tag f2f
            discussion of 2009-12-10, particularly wrt integration with
            XML specs and wrt motivation - due 2010-03-16, open
          + [24]ACTION-374: on Noah Mendelsohn to Schedule discussion
            of broader extensibility mechanisms question (including
            this)
            [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2010Jan

            /0043.html - due 2010-04-01, open
    6. [26]ISSUE-65: Face to Face Meeting Agenda Preparation
          + Background:
               o TAG F2F is 4 weeks away — agenda input is due in two
                 weeks, on Monday 8 March
               o Chair has requested agenda input from TAG members (not
                 much received yet)
               o [27]HTML WG chairs plan to join us on Wed. morning
          + Goal:
               o Agree on technical (and other) priorities for the F2F
               o Establish what each TAG member intends to do in
                 preparation for the F2F
    7. [28]ISSUE-65 & [29]ACTION-348: Retaining address bar following
       redirect
          + Background:
               o [30]ACTION-348: on Jonathan - Research reasons why
                 browser providers (e.g. Mozilla) aren't willing to
                 meet requests (e.g. from purl) to retain address bar
                 URL following successful redirect- due 2010-02-23
                 -open
               o [31]Jonathan's email announcing [32]draft of a
                 possible blog post on address bar updates when
                 redirecting. See also thread following from Jonathan's
                 email.
          + Goal:
               o Preliminary discussion of Jonathan's email: decide
                 whether this is a promising direction to pursue.
               o Identify next steps.
    8. [33]ACTION-354: Client side storage APIs
          + [34]ACTION-354: on Ashok - Review client side storage apis
            (web simple storage etc.), looking for architectural issues
            or other critical problems... or interesting design
            features the TAG should know about - due 2010-02-18 -
            Pending review
          + In January, Ashok sent an [35]email reviewing the state of
            play regarding HTML client-side storage APIs.
          + For discussion on this call: [36]Ashok's email of 23 Feb.
            providing further analysis of storage APIs; see also
            [37]response from Dan Connolly raising some concerns.
    9. [38]ACTION-342: Tracking security issues in HTML 5
          + [39]ACTION-342: on Noah - ask the TAG again about more
            formally tracking security issues in HTML5 - due 2010-02-15
            - Pending review
          + This action was recorded in the [40]minutes of Dec. 2009
            TAG F2F
   10. Pending Review Items:
          + [41]Pending review actions in [42]Tracker
   11. Overdue Action Items:
          + [43]Overdue actions in [44]Tracker
   12. Any other business
     _________________________________________________________

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon

      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues

      [6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.

      [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open

      [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview

      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/

     [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/02/25-agenda

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/02/18-minutes

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/33

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/332

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/332

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Nov/0012.html

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/41

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/395

     [19] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Feb/0788.html

     [20] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/41

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/395

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/332

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/357

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/374

     [25] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2010Jan/0043.html

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/65

     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2010Jan/0019.html

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/65

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/348

     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/348

     [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Feb/0153.html

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/02/redirects-and-address-bar.txt

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/354

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/354

     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jan/0008.html

     [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Feb/0152.html

     [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Feb/0164.html

     [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/342

     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/342

     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/12/08-tagmem-minutes.html#item03

     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview

     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/

     [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue

     [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/



    Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
    $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2010/02/25 02:40:12 $

   [45]Valid XHTML 1.1

     [45] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer





Received on Thursday, 25 February 2010 02:45:25 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:19 GMT