Re: ACTION-278 Hiding metadata for security reasons - notes

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:28:46 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
Cc: Tyler Close <tyler.close@gmail.com>
FWIW I scanned the correspondence on ACTION-278 in preparation for
Thursday's call. I can't say I've found enlightenment. But I did
compile some of the bits I thought were interesting and/or important;
see: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/02/action-278-notes.txt
(if someone wants to htmlify so that the links can be followed that
would be great)

I say *some* of the bits because certainly it leaves out many bits
that are important! It's in CVS so that others can add to it.
(Sometimes I wish we had a wiki.)

It appears there's consensus to change the finding, but not consensus
on how. I think more analysis is needed (remember Larry saying we
should continue in email?), especially regarding what CSRF defenses
need to look like, whether they do / can / should satisfy Larry's risk
mitigation and semi-confidentiality criteria.

Jonathan