RE: ACTION-388 Take a look at LMM's doctype/versioning proposal

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 02:28:23 -0800
To: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
CC: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
> Are you suggesting to change the way in which HTML5
> documents handle PUBLID and SYSTEM IDs, as well I
> presume as the internal subset, so that they can be
>  used in conforming text/html serialisations?

"documents" don't handle things, "processors" do.
There are XML processors and HTML5 processors.

I'm proposing to leave HTML5 processors exactly
as they are specified, not changing them one
teeny bit.

I'd like to allow *some* use cases of *some*
XML processors that use Public Identifiers and
System identifiers to define subsets they're
willing to process, and use the pubid and sysid
to identify those subsets.

Make sense?

Larry