W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > February 2010

Generic Resources (issue-53) addressed by HTTPbis changeset 745 section.4.p.5? [was: Agenda ...]

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 10:01:15 -0600
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Cc: "noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com" <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>, www-tag <www-tag@w3.org>
Message-ID: <1265212875.3812.419.camel@pav.lan>
On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 18:26 -0800, Larry Masinter wrote:
> before sounds good to me.

On the other hand, that would leave ISSUE-53 Generic resources
open with no actions.
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/53

It looks like there's a finding that previously addressed
the issue, but we re-opened it March 3 to consider
"how to use conneg" stuff in HTTP spec. (I just edited
the description to make this history easier to see.)

Looks like we're done with that and we should close the
issue.

We don't seem to have a relevant recorded decision.

In case anyone wants one:

I propose that HTTPbis changeset 745 section.4.p.5, along
with the Nov 2006 finding, addresses our ISSUE-53, Generic Resources.
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/changeset/745

(That proposal is just a 1-line summary of Larry's msg
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Feb/0000.html )

I suggest this isn't worth meeting time... I'm prepared
to just mark the issue closed and allow a week for
TAG members to appeal. Maybe the chair should put a question by email?


> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: www-tag-request@w3.org [mailto:www-tag-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Dan Connolly
> Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 4:45 PM
> To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
> Cc: www-tag
> Subject: Re: Agenda for the TAG Teleconference of 4 Feb 2010
> 
> On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 17:27 -0500, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:
> [...]
> >     4. [12]ISSUE-53: [13]ACTION-231 & [14]ACTION-232
> >           + [15]ACTION-231: on Larry - Draft replacement for \"how to
> >             use conneg\" stuff in HTTP spec - due 2010-01-12 - Pending
> >             review ([16]Email from Larry indicating that "The text was
> >             revised and now has been incorporated into the HTTPBIS
> >             editor's draft" [17]announcement; [18]diffs])
> >           + [19]ACTION-232: on Larry - Follow-up to Hausenblas once
> >             there's a draft of HTTPbis which has advice on conneg - due
> >             2010-01-29 - Pending review ([20]Email from Larry to
> >             Michael Hausenblas & [21]thank you response from Michael
> >             H.)
> 
> I suggest closing those without discussion... either before the
> meeting or during review of agenda.
> 
> 
> 


-- 
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E
Received on Wednesday, 3 February 2010 16:01:20 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:19 GMT