Re: URIs, deep linking, framing, adapting and related concerns

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 5:46 AM, "Martin J. Dürst"
<duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:

> I fully and totally agree with Mark here. While often both a@href and
> img@src are called links, anchor links and links with transclusion semantics
> are completely different from what they achieve. IANAL, but including an
> image, a frame, or whatnot in a Web page without permission is a pretty
> simple and straightforward copyright violation. If there are no court cases
> that say so,

IANAL, but don't the cases I forwarded (mentioned on
chillingeffects.org) say so? You don't need the "if".

You would include scripts, too, yes?  The license under which a
Javascript module was made available (e.g. GPL) would constrain uses
of it, regardless of whether the script were protected by access
control?

Jonathan