Re: Deep linking barriers in the UK: The Royal Mail

On 2010-04 -22, at 16:47, Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> What is the reason this is called deep-linking?

Well, it has been called that.

> I sure understand it (the path is not zero) but the fact that the TAG calls the issue "deep linking" seems to show that such links are not normal links and this is fundamentally wrong.
> At least for the concern of this blog post, I believe the real issue is "freedom of linking" which is what the British post corporation seems to oppose to.

Has anyone actually found a current policy on their web site to that effect?
I couldn't when I just looked around
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm

and
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?catId=400144&mediaId=400147

"Terms and Conditions of Website Access":  anchor text leading to:
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content2?catId=5700002&mediaId=400226
(page title "Welcome to the Royal Mail")

Maybe I couldn't find it.
Or maybe they changed it.

etc

Tim